Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

The SQL Server Easter Egg Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 5:38 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item The SQL Server Easter Egg

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #687593
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:41 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 26, 2010 7:00 AM
I'm sorry Steve but that was rubbish, at least make it a witty April Fools joke, I'm British after all, I have high standards.
Post #687731
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:13 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 2:10 PM
Sometimes I think our British friends need to lighten up.

You know, one of the best ways to do that in London is to call +44 20 7334 3922. There is an excellent SQL Server DBA there called "Mr. Wolf". Call and ask for him.

OK. That's the number of the London Zoo.

While you're at it, his assistant is Anna Conda.

Post #687813
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:19 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

^ much better! Except its the number for the london roundhouse, and there actually is a man there named Mr Wolf. I spoke to him and everything!
Post #687817
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:31 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Today @ 7:34 AM
Good to have some humor!

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #687824
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:36 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 2:10 PM
Of course, a much better trick to pull on an American in London is to have him call 0300 123 1212 and ask for "Bobby". If you catch them on a bad day though, the police tend to be a rather unfunny lot. They're even less funny when you use "999".

Seriously though, any nation that can come up with the Spaghetti Trees of Switzerland in 1957 can't be all bad. To me that was the 'Mother of all April Fools'. I guess I can understand high standards in that context.

By the way, sorry about the way your PM got treated by our President while he was over here. I hope he likes his DVDs...

Post #687829
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 7:29 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:51 AM
I’d prefer if y’all use a less insultive tones, it’s true, from time to time, arguments different from those that’s supposed to be treated in this forum , could help in rousing morals, but being that we’re in a globalized point (sql central) your sense of humor might not always sound good, to some other persons, the other side of the globe. So, pull your breaks where you can. Long live CENTRAT !!!
Post #687883
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 7:30 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, December 12, 2014 12:56 PM
Well, so far today I've had red milk on my cereal, tape on the toilet paper roll (yes, we have a teenager in the house), Steve Jones moving to mySql and now an Easter egg in Sql 2008. By the way, did you hear that Oracle is acquiring Sun and they're both being acquired by Google!

You gotta love April Fool's.
Post #687885
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 7:50 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Monday, December 1, 2014 7:30 AM
About 13 years ago the internet was not as developed as it is today, and there were a lot of myths about it. I remember getting an email saying that internet has to be cleaned of all emails and files that were sent to a none existing electronic addresses and are traveling through the internet trying to get somewhere. Those files and emails were “plugging” the internet and had to be deleted. According to the email we all needed to log off the internet. The mail had some nice touch as it explained that Toshiba created powerful robots (it even gave those robots name that included some dashes and number to make it sound real) that will travel through the internet and will delete anything that it will find in its way. If you won’t log off your whole hard disk might be deleted. One of the guys that got this email believed it and got very upset. He sent all of us mail claiming that it isn’t legal and that he recommends that we’ll sue Toshiba in case that something will happen to any of the computers. Someone else answered his mail explaining him that this was April fool’s joke. I liked the answer because at the end of it he warned the guy to keep the computer as far away as possible from any toster

Adi

--------------------------------------------------------------
To know how to ask questions and increase the chances of getting asnwers:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/
Post #687908
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 7:52 AM
Forum Newbie

I have absolutely no idea what that other guy (greg eze) was saying.
Post #687914
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse