Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS Connection String Expand / Collapse
How to set the connection string for different servers
Poll ResultsVotes
I have created a report and I am giving connection string at design time but I want to deploy the same report for

100%
different servers.like developing server ,testing server,
0%
production server
0%
Member Votes: 1, Anonymous Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:23 AM
I have created a report and I am giving connection string at design time but I want to deploy the same report for
different servers.like developing server ,testing server,
production server
Post #687211
Posted Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:17 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Sunday, April 13, 2014 12:23 PM
That is very easy with shared datasource because you are just running different SSRS instances with either same datasource database or different copies of the database.

If this is a large project with more than five developers then just use three copies of the shared datasource database, development, test and production.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #687213
Posted Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:05 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:15 AM
shared datasource is good option or you can define one internal parameter in the report and pass the server information to that parameter through your application.
in this way when you deploy the application for various server it will automatically take the server information from your config file which is passed through UI.
Post #687649
Posted Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:23 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, January 05, 2012 8:51 AM
Hi, I saw this post and am interested in the topic. I 'm a newbie to SSRS and am exploring how I can dynamically change the connection string. We have a report built in our DEV environment but when it's moved over to our QC and prod environments, (by someone else) we'd like to change the connection to different servers done without the promoter having to modify any code.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks!
Post #992271
Posted Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Sunday, April 13, 2014 12:23 PM
DucatiRider (9/23/2010)
Hi, I saw this post and am interested in the topic. I 'm a newbie to SSRS and am exploring how I can dynamically change the connection string. We have a report built in our DEV environment but when it's moved over to our QC and prod environments, (by someone else) we'd like to change the connection to different servers done without the promoter having to modify any code.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks!

If it is a shared datasource using SQL Authentication then no but if it is not Shared datasource then permissions needs to be changed to show whose permission is used to connect to the datasource database and SSRS.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #992277
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse