Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

How to Get the Scripts for SQL Server Objects Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:27 AM
ssaari (3/25/2009)
Thank you, Wayne,

I looked at a couple of table scripts and didn't notice anything wrong. What kind of issues did you see if you don't mind?

Scott

The thing I noticed is that the script only gets the first key (of Primary, Foreign or Unique keys)... primary if one is there. If the table has multiple (PK, 2+ FK, etc.) it only gets the PK. If the table doesn't have a PK, and has 2+ FKs, it only gets the first FK.
Indexes, defaults and check constraints looked okay.

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings
Post #683815
Posted Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:27 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:42 AM
I'm interested in seeing how MS gets the data returned by particular views and functions/procedures. In 2000 I needed a view that would return user information from syslogins but without the password column. (the querying account did not have privileges to read the password column.) So I got the source for syslogins and created my own version minus the password column. In this case it worked because I could select from sysxlogins.
Post #684187
Posted Monday, March 30, 2009 2:46 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:55 AM
great article. For free source control try Subversion, you can get it at

http://subversion.tigris.org/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #686530
Posted Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:35 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:13 PM
SQLDMO doesn't expose triggers that I can see(via Intellisense on oSQL). How could this script be modified to include the scripting of triggers?
Post #820772
Posted Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:01 AM

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:04 AM
hello,

Take a look at the script (line 187). It uses the SQLDMOScript_Triggers property. This means that when the call to object.script (line 196) is made, the trigger will also be generated inside the TAB file for that table. I often used this option, and I am able to get the triggers that way.

If you need to, the table object exposes a triggers collection which allows you to select each trigger object.

I hope this helps

http://ozkary.blogspot.com
http://og-bit.com
Post #820857
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse