Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

What comes first, the application or the database? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:39 PM
just because people are all in the same room and nodding their heads nicely doesn't mean they are working together.

<><
Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.
Post #672925
Posted Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:40 PM

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:35 PM
Tobar, I didn't get the title of Mr Diplomacy from several of New Zealand's larger coporates by being subtle. :)

moojjoo, y'all jus redeemed yourself with the comment about sHAREPOINT (doesn't deserve a leading cap and has an overinflated opinion of its place in the market).

All that's needed now is to overlay the sharepoint experience on to general application development and you'll find a representative of just about every evil that has inflicted development of moderately kosher systems since Windows itself (in spite of everything people may say to the contrary, I still think is does deserve a leading cap) introduced class concepts without rigorous polymorphic inheritance.

C'mon, somebody bite.

Peter Edmunds ex-Geek
Post #672969
Posted Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:12 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:39 PM
I'm a lover, not a fighter. Well, not really, but since Jacko is on the come back trail (ack, ack, thppbt) the phrase came to mind.

<><
Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.
Post #673149
Posted Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:30 AM
SSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 12:04 PM
Let's not get side-tracked. My main point is that it isn't a one-sided process, but an intertwined process.

I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings/ego. If building databases has been a very hard process for you, I'm sure you get the job done. No one is insulting your no-doubt expert hard work. I hope you get all the validation you need. Peace bro. Life is short.
Post #673387
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse