Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database mirroring Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:35 PM
We have a need to separate our principal server from the mirror system (two separate buildings). Does anyone have any input as to where the witness server should go; with the principal or mirror server? My first thought was to put it with the mirror server, but I don't know if it really makes a difference. Anyone have any comments on this?

Thanks!
Post #666674
Posted Monday, March 02, 2009 9:31 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:13 AM
rhe witness must be on a separate computer not the two involved in mirror direct

Post #666679
Posted Monday, March 02, 2009 9:34 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:35 PM
I guess I didn't make that very clear; these are three different machines. I just want to know if there is a preference where the witness server should go; follow the principal server or the mirror server?
Post #666682
Posted Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:24 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 8:19 AM
Hadrian (3/2/2009)
rhe witness must be on a separate computer not the two involved in mirror direct

That is not strictly true, the witness MUST NOT be on a separate machine but it is obviously sensible to do so. To that end, an express machine can do the Job to prevent additional licences being required.
Post #1478287
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse