Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Private Messages Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 2:13 PM
We have raised the PM limit to 150 from 100. Please remove old private messages to reduce the load on the database if you do not need them.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #662731
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 10:00 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 12:43 PM
Jeff'll be thrilled!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #662747
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 10:35 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:12 PM
Perhaps I'm having a low-caffeine day, but figuring out HOW to delete PM's wasn't exactly straightforward.

For those who need to do this:
1. move all of the messages you want to delete to the deleted items folder. (a.k.a. click the messages you want gone, then pick the Move to Deleted items from the DDL at the bottom of the screen).
2. empty your Deleted folder. Click the "Empty PM folder" on the left side of the screen (not in the rea where the folders are), and pick just the DELETED folder.

Must be getting set in my ways - I was expecting to see the word DELETE somewhere....:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #662773
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:01 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 7:36 AM
I'd be happy to delete mine... right after someone tells me how to download them all. I'd like to keep the ones that still remain.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #662789
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:07 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Jeff Moden (2/23/2009)
I'd be happy to delete mine... right after someone tells me how to download them all. I'd like to keep the ones that still remain.

I'm going to assume that copy-and-pasting them into a Word document won't accomplish what you need. So, starting from that assumption, what is it that you need to download?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #662793
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:31 AM

SSC-Dedicated

I'd like to be able to click on a folder and select "Download" and have it create a simple file (or, 1 file each) instead of manually opening each PM, copying, pasting... repeat until done.

--Jeff Moden

Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
Post #662819
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:33 AM

SSChampion

Don't know if Steve can easily add that to the page, but you might be able to bribe him into doing something like selecting your messages from the database and saving the results into a file. Or he could have some fun setting up a button that sends the results of a query to you by e-mail.

Property of The Thread

Post #662822
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:36 AM

SSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 2:13 PM
I could grab them from the DB. We won't add "download", but perhaps an "forward on to an email" would be nice.

The delete is a mess. You have to move them to "deleted", then empty that. Quite annoying.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #662828
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:41 AM

SSC-Dedicated

Steve Jones - Editor (2/23/2009)
I could grab them from the DB. We won't add "download", but perhaps an "forward on to an email" would be nice.

The delete is a mess. You have to move them to "deleted", then empty that. Quite annoying.

That would work nicely.

Understood on the DELETED thing. It's pretty simple to do that.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:
Post #662838
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:42 AM

SSChampion

Steve Jones - Editor (2/23/2009)

Forwarding to an e-mail would be nice.

Property of The Thread

Post #662842
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse