Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Database Roles Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, April 12, 2014 4:20 AM
Come on, don't be such a twerp! There is no such role as "db_ssisitduser". There is a role "db_ssisltduser" but if you meant that one then shame upon you. Incompetent! I insist on getting my point back.
Post #662624
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 8:41 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 8:04 AM

I am sure that Steve will correct this when he gets a chance to review it.
Post #662646
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 8:55 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, August 06, 2012 3:06 AM
Just wanted to add myself to the list of disgruntled respondents over the typo in the question. I went back and forth on whether to check ssisitduser before deciding that the typo must have been part of the test...which it wasn't.
Post #662673
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 9:29 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 10:04 AM
I wish to apologize to those who answered the QOD and had their answer judged to be incorrect, and to all members of the SQL Server Central community for my typing error. What was Ssisituser should have been ssisltuser

This is not an excuse, for I read and re-read my answers when formulating the question, but I guess my eyes saw what I knew in my mind it should be, and for that I apologize.

For those
disgruntled respondents
I would ask you to compose a QOD keeping in mind the major objective of teaching / acquainting users of this site to various aspects of SQL Server not generally known or understood. For those of you who might accept the link is: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Contributions/New/Question

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read

Before posting a performance problem please read
Post #662708
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 9:44 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, August 10, 2012 6:08 PM
I went ahead and checked the db_ssisitduser as I felt (from general test-taking) that it was a typo and not a trick. But that kind of trickery is not cool, and most question writers do not intend such tiny obfuscations.

Obviously there is not much QA vetting by an alternate person before the questions are deployed.

As to the question writing challenge: is there a way to know the potential question has not been written before?

It seems there have in the past been extremely close variations, but I have not noticed any identical questions from 2007 forward... cannot speak to any prior to that. Maybe these questions are better in another area or forum of the site...
Post #662727
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 10:11 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:50 AM
dphillips (2/23/2009)

Obviously there is not much QA vetting by an alternate person before the questions are deployed.

The section Beta Testing in this article adresses that exact concern:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral.com/62764/

Good question, too bad the typo slipped in!
Post #662755
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 10:13 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 8:20 PM
While I appreciate the information, there's no need to pile on. We'll award back all points to this time since the question has an error.

And as for the complaints, they get old. We make mistakes, Gus and I are old, and our eyes don't always see things correctly. Heck, the BOL page was hard to see as well. Whining about mistakes in the QOD seems fairly unprofessional to me. Just my $0.02

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #662756
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 10:19 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

dphillips

As to the question writing challenge: is there a way to know the potential question has not been written before?

To the best of my knowledge the vetting is performed by Steve Jones, and lord knows he has a considerable work load running this site. I believe at one time Steve had some volunteers assisting, but as work loads changed and other events in the volunteers lives cause them to gradually drop this task.

And yes you can review previously asked questions. Note in the page that is displayed after you answer a question there is a link just below the blue bar which contains the text "Questions from the achieve", beneath that is a link " << Older questions" Click on that, as I did today and before giving up (tired finger syndrome) got back to the QOD date Nov. 9, 2006 and had not reached the end.

Ron

Post #662763
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:21 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, August 10, 2012 6:08 PM
Steve, and all, I think you are doing a great job; make no mistake about that!

I apologize if my prior post sounded derrogatory - it was intended as an observation only, not a complaint. Typos in general are common with almost everyone, myself included. These questions just are a bit more technical, and the difference of one dot or title is a make-or-break truth.

I actually think this is a mark of achievement: if nobody complained about it, the site would not now have the prestige it currently does. Users enjoy collecting points and grumble when a dot or title chaps them out of one. I look up to those with 2K+ points... lot of contribution there. And, it seems to prove that user submittals and participation is valued.

(grin) Keep up the good work!

On the history of questions, I think the potential frequency of duplication is very low, and would have no impact and user experience here... so I guess I will quit worrying about it and try one...
Post #662808
Posted Monday, February 23, 2009 11:56 AM

SSCertifiable

dphillips
On the history of questions, I think the potential frequency of duplication is very low, and would have no impact and user experience here... so I guess I will quit worrying about it and try one...

GO FOR IT... A good side effect is, as you research for the correct answer(s) and documentation to support your "correctness" how much new you learn ... so it is double edged -- the users learn more and you learn more.

Looking forward to see your questions..

Ron

Post #662860
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse