Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Unable to Send Files to FTP Server Expand / Collapse
Author

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:09 AM
Hi,

Sorry if i m wrong. Please try specifying "/" for ur remote path. It should succeed.

Regards
Priya
Post #674386
Posted Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:07 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, August 28, 2009 9:52 AM
I'm having problems with my FTP task on SSIS as well. it's quite different from everything i have seen so far on the forum.

background ...

within my package i have a data flow task; which contains 7 instances of OLE DB source+ flat file destinations. this pulls data from 7 different databases into existing csv files.

i also have an execute process task which merges each of the files with a fixed header csv file

then i have 7 FTP tasks; each sending a file (from above) to a corresponding folder on the ftp server.

the problem is this;

when debugging, the data flow task, the execute process task and some FTP tasks succeed. the failures always stem from the FTP tasks, it is however very random; FTP1 and FTP3 could fail while every other thing succeeds or FTP7 and FTP4 could fail while all others succeed.

on a few occasions i get this error 'Error: 0xC001602A at Package, Connection manager "FTP Connection Manager": An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: 200 Switching to Binary mode.
200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
425 Use PORT or PASV first.'

on others; 'Error: 0xC001602A at Package, Connection manager "FTP Connection Manager": An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: The operation has been canceled
Error: 0xC002918F at FTP TaskPoland, FTP Task: Unable to connect to FTP server using "FTP Connection Manager".'

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------
All it takes, is a step in the right direction, your feet will manage to find the way. I didn't say it'll be easy!!!
Post #688835
Posted Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:15 AM
Old Hand

i have resolved the problem, it was a precedence issue. because MaxConcurrentExecutables was set to -1, it can only execute 2 tasks concurrently successfully and i had seven. there are two ways around it; 1) increase the value for MaxConcurrentExecutables or redo the execution precedence.

All it takes, is a step in the right direction, your feet will manage to find the way. I didn't say it'll be easy!!!
Post #703010
Posted Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:12 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Friday, July 30, 2010 11:27 AM
Excuse a (probably) dumb question:
Where is MaxConcurrentExecutables, and why does -1 not mean unlimited?
Post #703069
Posted Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:24 AM
Old Hand

Jim Russell (4/23/2009)
Excuse a (probably) dumb question

not a dumb question Jim, we all learn daily.

Where is MaxConcurrentExecutables,

MaxConcurrentExecutables is one of the package properties, so if you click on the design window you'll find it in the properties tab.

and why does -1 not mean unlimited?

i don't know the answer to that, but i found out about it on one of the training videos on this site.

Post #703083
Posted Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:20 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, December 12, 2011 2:47 AM
MSDN state the following...
Valid values are one and higher, or -1. Other values are invalid. A value of -1 allows the maximum number of concurrently running executables to equal the number of processors plus two. Setting this property to zero or any other negative value fails with an error code that indicates an invalid argument.

Why equal to the number of processor plus two I don't know.....
Post #703242
Posted Thursday, May 7, 2009 11:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:18 PM
i am able to urun the task from BIDS but it fails from Agent. any help is appreciated.
Post #712633
Posted Friday, May 8, 2009 2:03 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, December 12, 2011 2:47 AM
radhika0626 (5/7/2009)
i am able to run the task from BIDS but it fails from Agent. any help is appreciated.

Most likely this is of course down to security. Running the job in BIDS is done using your credentials, but under the service account that runs the SQL Agent, it probably does not have the same rights.
What error are you getting? Have you got any logging setup and any error message in particular showing there which will point you in any one direction?
Post #712700
Posted Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:09 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:51 PM
1) Make Sure your remote path actually exists. I got this error because I was pointing to a subdirectory that someone had subsequently removed.

2) Use the format "/DIR/SUBDIR/SUBDIR" for your RemotePath.

3) You can't have spaces in your directory names. Maybe you can with a remote path variable, haven't tried it.
Post #749563
Posted Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:09 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:51 PM
1) Make Sure your remote path actually exists. I got this error because I was pointing to a subdirectory that someone had subsequently removed.

2) Use the format "/DIR/SUBDIR/SUBDIR" for your RemotePath.

3) You can't have spaces in your directory names. Maybe you can with a remote path variable, haven't tried it.
Post #749565
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse