Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Printer Delivery Extension Sample - Having Trouble Printing Landscape Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:40 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:31 AM
I successfully implemented the Printer Delivery Extension sample which enables me to send a report out of Reporting Services 2005 directly to a printer. However, I cannot get the report to print in landscape. The report was designed as landscape in BIDS (in both the report property settings and in File | Page Setup in Preview mode (although that always defaults back to Portrait)).

I even went back into the PrinterDeliveryCS and modified PageHeight and PageWidth to reflect landscape orientation, rebuilt, and redeployed the Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.PrinterDeliverySample.dll.

Still no luck. What am I missing?
Post #635701
Posted Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:15 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2013 10:13 AM
I saw this post (http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=print+Landscape&dg=microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs&cat=en_US_96ea9d50-8249-45f3-8433-e50dd796681f&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us) and although it's a couple of years old I wonder if that might still be the cause of your problems. Unless Microsoft have actually addressed it with a hotfix or similar.
Post #659297
Posted Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:31 AM
Thank you for sending me that link....I've verified the same thing is happening here. At least I now know "what" is happening and can start searching for "how" to fix it.

As a reference for others, here is what the 9/6/2006 post in the Microsoft Discussion Group said:

"Additional FYI... We have found that if you are using the Printer Extension Delivery sample, that the reports will print in the default style (Portrait or landscape) for the printer in the printer setup, regardless of how you have setup the report . This is such a pain for us...
Wayne Snyder MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Marinar, Charlotte, NC"

Thanks again!
--Laurie
Post #659614
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse