Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Using the Service Audit Object in SQL Server 2008 Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:26 AM
Great article.
Is there a way to roll over the logs on a time basis or manually?
I'm thinking of some sort of
DBCC ERRORLOG
sp_cycle_errorlog
equivilant
Post #1158472
Posted Monday, March 5, 2012 1:12 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, July 14, 2014 1:55 PM
Good article,
I know to view audit logs, we can right click from SSMS to the audit specification and view them if the object has made the destination to a file. But how to view the audit logs, if the destination has given to windows/application log. Right now i am viewing the audit logs (given to windows/application log) going to event viewer and opening the windows logs. Is there any way that we view these right from SSMS?

Thanks..
Post #1261798
Posted Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:57 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:26 AM
Beginner_2008 (3/5/2012)
Good article,
I know to view audit logs, we can right click from SSMS to the audit specification and view them if the object has made the destination to a file. But how to view the audit logs, if the destination has given to windows/application log. Right now i am viewing the audit logs (given to windows/application log) going to event viewer and opening the windows logs. Is there any way that we view these right from SSMS?
Thanks..

I do not have my audit files set up this way, so can not be sure, but have you looked under Management, SQL ServerLogs. here you can select logs for Windows NT, application
Post #1262041
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse