Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How to synchronise data between SQL Server and Oracle Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, December 13, 2008 12:17 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:36 AM
Hi all,
Rajeev here from Bangalore. This is the present scenario with us. In some multiple sites (say Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Delhi etc) separate MS SQL servers were deployed and running for some couple of Months. Each SQL server holds same data structure (software etc). Now they want to introduce a central Oracle server and want to update (synchronize) database from each of these distinct SQL servers periodically, say on each day by 6:00 pm, so that any pint of time in Oracle Central server previous day’s transaction can be found.
I don’t have much work experience with Oracle, but in MS SQL I know DTS to do this. But how to synchronies Oracle with each distinct MS SQL only for last modified/inserted data? What feature/function available in MS SQL or in Oracle to do this job smoothly? Please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.
Post #619048
Posted Sunday, December 28, 2008 12:10 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Monday, October 7, 2013 9:29 AM
I think oracle supports replication with heterogenious database servers. I dont have much knowledge on that.
Post #626318
Posted Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:55 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:31 AM
I don't really understand the outcome of this environment and all additional requirements for the system, but let me try to give some directions.

1. I think you can still use MSSQL tools, just make linked server to Oracle
2. You could create export scripts, CSV or INSTER, for batch processing on Oracle side.
2. You could use Oracle HS (heterogeneous services) which use ODBC driver to connect from Oracle to MSSQL, for direct processing
3. You could use (pay for) Oracle MSSQL Transparent Gateway which should provide (almost) 100% transparency from Oracle to MSSQL. This one should be used when there are some specific requirements which are not supported by ODBC driver

You have to give use some more details for the purpose of this solution.

BR,
Aleksandar
Post #627197
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse