Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

retrieve the previous version of a stored procedure Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:05 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 4, 2014 7:44 AM
I think there is a miscommunication..... with the message I have posted.

As Gail Shaw mentioned if you have backup of the database where you have the previous version of the procedure you can restore using the backup.

I mean to say if we have backup ... where we have older version of the procedure.... we can restore to the previous version.. by restoring the database backup... and taking old sp from that backup.

I think it was a misunderstanding. I've never heard of a mechanism for doing this either.

Yes there is no mechanism for restoring to the previous version with any other method.
Post #618394
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:26 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, August 2, 2014 6:03 AM
You can restore it from a database backup even without restoring the backup. You need a tool for comparing and synchronizing object schemas (such as SQL Diff). Set the database backup as a source, the live database as a destination, filter only the stored procedure you want to restore
Post #1435936
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:43 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 1:14 PM
Please note: 4 year old thread

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1435951
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse