Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««4,2534,2544,2554,2564,257»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:28 AM
Koen Verbeeck (1/7/2014)
Greg Edwards-268690 (1/7/2014)

Looking at the map of the highs nation wide, hard to think Global Warming....

I think we're stealing all the warmth here. It's been over 10 degrees Celsius for days now, while normally it should be around 0.
Currently it looks more like autumn/spring than winter.

Sounds like Saturday we might hit 0 C.
-12 F right now.
So much warmer than the C equivalent!
Or is that a deceptive view of the data?
Post #1528491
Posted Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:52 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:28 AM
jasona.work (1/7/2014)
You know, it's great living on a street that gets plowed in the winter (well, OK, driveway at least,) EXCEPT when said plows block the end of the driveway and you need to leave for work...

Heard the plow running this AM while I was getting going, went out to a near knee-deep pile of snow at the end of my drive. Now, the wifes car is a Dart, so it doesn't have a lot of clearance, and my car is a Subaru BRZ so it has even less clearance. So I wound up spending about 15 minutes shovelling a section wide enough to get my car and hers through...

And of course, with this bitter cold, it's not nice, light, fluffy snow, oh no. It's chunks of snow the size of basketballs or bigger...

Yuck.

Grew up in the city, moved out more to the country.
Made it easier to justify an upgrade to the shovel to clear several hundred feet of driveway.
I think the plow drives have spotters to help with optimal timing, although optimal in their eyes is very twisted.
Hope you get the snow cleared while still soft and heavy.
The cold coming your way turns it to something far worse to deal with.
Post #1528496
Posted Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:36 AM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:28 PM
jasona.work (1/7/2014)
You know, it's great living on a street that gets plowed in the winter (well, OK, driveway at least,) EXCEPT when said plows block the end of the driveway and you need to leave for work...

Heard the plow running this AM while I was getting going, went out to a near knee-deep pile of snow at the end of my drive. Now, the wifes car is a Dart, so it doesn't have a lot of clearance, and my car is a Subaru BRZ so it has even less clearance. So I wound up spending about 15 minutes shovelling a section wide enough to get my car and hers through...

And of course, with this bitter cold, it's not nice, light, fluffy snow, oh no. It's chunks of snow the size of basketballs or bigger...

Yuck.

Made it easier to justify an upgrade to the shovel to clear several hundred feet of driveway.
I think the plow drives have spotters to help with optimal timing, although optimal in their eyes is very twisted.

That cold has already hit us here in Michigan. Woke up to -13 F with a wind chill of -39 F.
I know it doesn't touch northern Minnesota, but once it gets to -10, does it even matter any more?
All the snow has turned into fairly solid blocks.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1528523
Posted Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:14 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:11 PM
Supposed to be 50F here today. With 2" of snow still on the ground

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1528542
Posted Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:17 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 12:43 PM
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/7/2014)

Darn that global warming!
Post #1528544
Posted Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:14 PM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:06 PM
Revenant (1/7/2014)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/7/2014)

Darn that global warming!

No, no, no, no, you've got it wrong!

It's now called "Human Caused Global Climate Change!"

(and that's it for me on this, no sense in starting a war on this topic!)
Post #1528650
Posted Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:26 PM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:08 AM
Ed Wagner (1/7/2014)
jasona.work (1/7/2014)

Yuck.

That cold has already hit us here in Michigan. Woke up to -13 F with a wind chill of -39 F.
I know it doesn't touch northern Minnesota, but once it gets to -10, does it even matter any more?

Northwest Ohio is probably only about 2 degrees warmer...so I almost know your pain. We awoke this morning to discover that the garage door didn't close last night - large chunks of ice/snow clinging to the bottom tripped the beam and sent it back up. oops!!!
Post #1528655
Posted Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:09 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, December 8, 2014 6:44 AM
batgirl (1/7/2014)
Ed Wagner (1/7/2014)
jasona.work (1/7/2014)

Yuck.

Northwest Ohio is probably only about 2 degrees warmer...so I almost know your pain. We awoke this morning to discover that the garage door didn't close last night - large chunks of ice/snow clinging to the bottom tripped the beam and sent it back up. oops!!!
it's been amusing over the last couple days to periodically check the weather station at the South Pole and let everyone around me know how many degrees of wind chill we were colder here in Columbus...

---------------------------------------------------------
How best to post your question
How to post performance problems
Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."
Post #1528939
Posted Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:08 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:21 AM
Happy New Year and I hope you all had a fine Christmas / Holiday season / working on call / cover...

Weather update, as Grant has discovered it gets dark here very quickly, that and the rain and wind seems to be the story of the week in not so sunny Bracknell.

Have I missed anything?

So I've had to spend most of the day working directly on a server via RDP. Only it's in Europe, so one hour ahead. Was sitting here thinking, wow lots of people still in the office for 6 pm... Oh yeah it's really 5 pm... Was then getting ready to leave

Rodders...

Post #1528972
Posted Wednesday, January 8, 2014 12:45 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:27 AM
rodjkidd (1/8/2014)
Weather update, as Grant has discovered it gets dark here very quickly, that and the rain and wind seems to be the story of the week in not so sunny Bracknell.

Grant must be slackin'... normally, he can fix a rainy day.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1529053
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««4,2534,2544,2554,2564,257»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse