Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««4,2454,2464,2474,2484,249»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:25 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 17, 2014 3:10 PM
Merry Christmas to all of y'all.

Peace on earth, goodwill to all peoples. Even those at whom Jeff would throw pork chops..

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
Stop, children, what's that sound? -- Stephen Stills
Post #1525750
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:51 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 9:30 AM
Merry Christmas everybody!

--
Gianluca Sartori

How to post T-SQL questions
spaghettidba.com
@spaghettidba
Post #1525780
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:08 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:51 PM
The Dixie Flatline (12/24/2013)
Merry Christmas to all of y'all.

Peace on earth, goodwill to all peoples. Even those at whom Jeff would throw pork chops..

Perhaps a bit melancholy, but it needs to be said. To all those that have ever taken their precious time and, sometimes, personal expense to ask a question or write a solution here on SQLServerCentral or deliver a presentation in the field, thank you for the opportunity to learn and pass it forward. I stand in awe of your dedication to the worldwide SQL Community and am truly appreciative of the knowledge you share so easily and freely without regard to borders or boundaries of any kind.

If only we could get the rest of the world onboard with such thoughtfulness and goodwill.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1525782
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:51 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 10:13 AM
Merry Christmas to One and All from Afghanistan!

May you all enjoy this festive time with family and friends. Please take a moment and remember those who are from home.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1525786
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:22 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 12:43 PM
Merry Christmas to you all!
Post #1525791
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 5:59 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:45 AM
Merry Christmas to all. And may your pork chops arrive peacefully on plates, not violently on your occiputs.

Tom
Post #1525824
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:32 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

L' Eomot Inversé (12/24/2013)
Merry Christmas to all. And may your pork chops arrive peacefully on plates, not violently on your occiputs.

In my Christmas tradition, it is a carp today, and a fowl (in my case duck) tomorrow.

I just want to renew my promise that whenever you are near this postal code, I will make my best to convince you that there is such thing as drinkable bourbon.

Other threadizens, we can always haggle over the bill, but I hope we will get together, soon.

Merry Christmas to all people of good will - among which I trust and hope to count you.
Post #1525829
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:39 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

Revenant (12/24/2013)
L' Eomot Inversé (12/24/2013)

In my Christmas tradition, it is a carp today, and a fowl (in my case duck) tomorrow.

I just want to renew my promise that whenever you are near this postal code, I will make my best to convince you that there is such thing as drinkable bourbon.

Other threadizens, we can always haggle over the bill, but I hope we will get together, soon.

Merry Christmas to all people of good will - among which I trust and hope to count you.

Steve, I have a QA request: please add a 'Do not count towards messages posted' check box for a reply.

I feel really guilty sending a message to a friend - Tom, in this case - as opposed to, say, answering a plight of a poor soul in India who needs help on a Sunday PST.

Thanks, and the most Merry Christmas, Steve.
Post #1525830
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:02 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Monday, November 24, 2014 4:53 AM
Merry Christmas to all!

And may your New Years be filled with new learning opportunities, lasting relationships, new friends, good health and prosperous ventures.

My mantra: No loops! No CURSORs! No RBAR! Hoo-uh!

My thought question: Have you ever been told that your query runs too fast?

My advice:
INDEXing a poor-performing query is like putting sugar on cat food. Yeah, it probably tastes better but are you sure you want to eat it?
The path of least resistance can be a slippery slope. Take care that fixing your fixes of fixes doesn't snowball and end up costing you more than fixing the root cause would have in the first place.

Need to UNPIVOT? Why not CROSS APPLY VALUES instead?
Since random numbers are too important to be left to chance, let's generate some!
Learn to understand recursive CTEs by example.
Splitting strings based on patterns can be fast!
Post #1525835
Posted Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:25 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 7:44 AM
SQLRNNR (12/19/2013)
Koen Verbeeck (12/19/2013)
GilaMonster (12/19/2013)
Not that I would stoop so low as to beg for votes, but I do need a new costume (Star trek if anyone cares)
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TribalAwardsVoting

I am ready to stoop so low, so you can vote for me in the category Best New Voice.

Koen got my vote

Thanks

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1525958
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««4,2454,2464,2474,2484,249»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse