Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««4,2334,2344,2354,2364,237»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:51 AM
WayneS (12/13/2013)
Greg Edwards-268690 (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
Ed Wagner (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
OK, where did the year go?
I mean seriously, 12 days until X-Mas? It feels like it was only a couple weeks ago I was starting this job and planning my vacation...

I know what you mean, Jason. Christmas is almost here and my shopping isn't done. Winter is also here are we're supposed to get 3" to 6" starting tonight. Seize each day and try to make the most of it.

From the snow you're talking about, sounds like you're in my neck of the woods.

Which means tomorrow or Sunday, I get to see how my sportly little, low slung car can handle it!

Finally warming up a bit here. Some areas have been getting snow by the foot, so the 8" we got last week wasn't so bad. The ice storms are the worst - I can't imagine being without lights and heat for days.

Generators. Electric Heaters.
You know, a DR plan.

Doomsday Preppers... Some food, and can't forget some beer.
Post #1522702
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 8:46 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:12 PM
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
Ed Wagner (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
I mean seriously, 12 days until X-Mas? It feels like it was only a couple weeks ago I was starting this job and planning my vacation...

I know what you mean, Jason. Christmas is almost here and my shopping isn't done. Winter is also here are we're supposed to get 3" to 6" starting tonight. Seize each day and try to make the most of it.

Which means tomorrow or Sunday, I get to see how my sportly little, low slung car can handle it!

Yeah, I think you're in Warren, MI, right? I'm west of you in Bloomfield Hills. It's supposed to start tonight and a winter weather advisory starts at 9:00 PM. Granted, we've been pretty lucky so far compared to the rest of the country, but this is Michigan and we know it's coming.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1522729
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 9:25 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 10:03 AM
Ed Wagner (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
Ed Wagner (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)

Yeah, I think you're in Warren, MI, right? I'm west of you in Bloomfield Hills. It's supposed to start tonight and a winter weather advisory starts at 9:00 PM. Granted, we've been pretty lucky so far compared to the rest of the country, but this is Michigan and we know it's coming.

Yeah, although up north is already getting decent snow I believe...

Time to (finally) get the lawn mower and snow blower switched around in the garage, and fire up the snow blower for the first time...
Post #1522763
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 9:58 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 11:47 AM
WayneS (12/13/2013)
Greg Edwards-268690 (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
Ed Wagner (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)

Finally warming up a bit here. Some areas have been getting snow by the foot, so the 8" we got last week wasn't so bad. The ice storms are the worst - I can't imagine being without lights and heat for days.

Generators. Electric Heaters.
You know, a DR plan.

Nice gift ideas

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1522776
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 9:59 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:20 PM
Warming up here. Gonna be 32 today

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1522778
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 10:02 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 11:47 AM
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/13/2013)

we crossed back over to positive digits a couple of days ago and it feels balmy warm here

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1522782
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 10:33 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 10:03 AM
SQLRNNR (12/13/2013)

we crossed back over to positive digits a couple of days ago and it feels balmy warm here

Weather widget on my phone says 25 here...
Felt like it when I walked across the campus to help someone out in another building...
Post #1522796
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 11:21 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:10 AM
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
SQLRNNR (12/13/2013)

Felt like it when I walked across the campus to help someone out in another building...

It's 42 in Redmond.
Post #1522813
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 11:35 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:03 AM
Revenant (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
SQLRNNR (12/13/2013)

It's 42 in Redmond.

28 (F) in northwest Ohio - but we are bracing for a Winter Weather Advisory starting tonight running through tomorrow evening - although in recent history, these kinds of predictions have a tendency to err on the side of overly cautious and extra dramatic. We'll probably get 2 inches of snow and the grocery stores will be out of bread and milk
Post #1522818
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 11:47 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:12 PM
batgirl (12/13/2013)
Revenant (12/13/2013)
jasona.work (12/13/2013)
SQLRNNR (12/13/2013)

It's 42 in Redmond.

28 (F) in northwest Ohio - but we are bracing for a Winter Weather Advisory starting tonight running through tomorrow evening - although in recent history, these kinds of predictions have a tendency to err on the side of overly cautious and extra dramatic. We'll probably get 2 inches of snow and the grocery stores will be out of bread and milk

We have the same phenomenon here. If even a smaller winter storm is forecast, the grocery stores sell out of the staples very quickly. Then the news blurbs run for a couple days about "battening down the hatches" and "preparedness in action" and all the other dramatic flair. Then we get some minimal snow and the local news people make excuses and blame NOAA, El Ninio, La Ninia or an upper air disturbance. The part I really find interesting how people feel the need to "stock up" if they think they're not going to be able to get groceries. I've heard it referred to as the "economy of scarcity".

Of course, now that we say we're only going to get 2 inches, we'll probably get 2 feet and the schools will be closed all of next week.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1522823
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««4,2334,2344,2354,2364,237»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse