Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««4,1254,1264,1274,1284,129»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:57 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:11 PM
SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)
Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)
Hey is anyone going to be at the SQLSaturday this week in Orlando or next week in Providence? If you are be sure we see each other.

I will be in Providence

I will also be there. Are you speaking Jack?

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings
Post #1493310
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:28 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 12:10 PM
WayneS (9/10/2013)
SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)
Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)
Hey is anyone going to be at the SQLSaturday this week in Orlando or next week in Providence? If you are be sure we see each other.

I will be in Providence

Yup. I think I'm doing the old XEvents session. I'm doing some work on it to hopefully make it better.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Don't let the good be the enemy of the best. -- Paul Fleming

Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question
How to Post Performance Problems
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 1
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 2
Post #1493374
Posted Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:52 AM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Jack Corbett (9/10/2013)
WayneS (9/10/2013)
SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)
Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

I will be in Providence

Yup. I think I'm doing the old XEvents session. I'm doing some work on it to hopefully make it better.

You know, I really wish I had the time to attend some of these events. Some of them sound so interesting and I think I'd really enjoy getting away for a while and just immerse myself in learning something new. Commitments...sigh.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1493804
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:41 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 10:45 AM
Ed Wagner (9/11/2013)
Jack Corbett (9/10/2013)
WayneS (9/10/2013)
SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)
Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

I will be in Providence

You know, I really wish I had the time to attend some of these events. Some of them sound so interesting and I think I'd really enjoy getting away for a while and just immerse myself in learning something new. Commitments...sigh.

Is there perhaps a SQL Saturday within easy driving distance to you?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1494086
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:54 AM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Brandie Tarvin (9/12/2013)
Ed Wagner (9/11/2013)
Jack Corbett (9/10/2013)
WayneS (9/10/2013)
SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)
Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

I will be in Providence

Is there perhaps a SQL Saturday within easy driving distance to you?

I heard there was one at Lawrence Technological University once. That would have been great, but I didn't hear about it until afterwards. There's nothing close in the near future.

Granted, I wouldn't mind traveling to Milan, Italy and eating my way around the country.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1494107
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:17 AM

SSCertifiable

Ed,

Go to www.sqlsaturday.com and see if there is a way to register for event notifications. That way if one pops up near you again, you can see the notification before instead of after the event.

Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1494125
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:21 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Ed,

Go to www.sqlsaturday.com and see if there is a way to register for event notifications. That way if one pops up near you again, you can see the notification before instead of after the event.

From my experience the best way to find out about new events is to speak at one I get email notifications for every SQLSaturday.

Being on Twitter and LinkedIn (join the tech groups). I know I promote SQLSaturday's I organize on both.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Post #1494129
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:51 AM

SSCertifiable

Jack Corbett (9/12/2013)
Ed,

From my experience the best way to find out about new events is to speak at one I get email notifications for every SQLSaturday.

Yeah, but there's got to be some way for interested people to get notifications if they've never attended or spoken at one.

If not, that's a flaw that needs to be fixed.

Post #1494141
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:12 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 10:27 AM
Ed Wagner (9/12/2013)
I heard there was one at Lawrence Technological University once. That would have been great, but I didn't hear about it until afterwards. There's nothing close in the near future.

Granted, I wouldn't mind traveling to Milan, Italy and eating my way around the country.

Ed, there was a SQL Saturday at LTU a couple months back (April, May? Something like that) I did get to this. There's also a (semi-)regular user group that meets at the MS offices over by LTU. These guys: http://semssug.sqlpass.org/

I'm going to tonights meeting, mostly because I saw Jeff Moden on the list of presenters...

Jason
Post #1494158
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:52 AM

SSChampion

Jack Corbett (9/12/2013)
Ed,

Yeah, but there's got to be some way for interested people to get notifications if they've never attended or spoken at one.

If not, that's a flaw that needs to be fixed.

If you register at the SQLSaturday site the registration asks you if you want to be notified about PASS events. I'm pretty sure this just means that you get the Connector and other PASS announcements, not just SQLSaturday events as your registration is really for PASS membership. The Connector does list upcoming SQLSaturday's along with other events.

It would be great if you could elect to be notified about events within a certain distance of your location. Because I really don't need to be emailed a notification about events in the Ukraine. If I think I want to go overseas to an event I can look on the web site, but I certainly don't want to miss out on opportunities to attend/speak at/volunteer at events in New England.

I'll try to remember to bring this up at the SQLSaturday Round Table meeting at the Summit next month. We can also mention it to Karla at SQLSaturday - Orlando this weekend.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Post #1494227
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««4,1254,1264,1274,1284,129»»»