Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««4,0494,0504,0514,0524,053»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 17, 2014 3:10 PM
Chad Crawford (7/11/2013)
Koen Verbeeck (7/11/2013)
Anyone have an idea what's wrong with this guy's SQL Agent?

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1471588-1292-1.aspx#bm1472553

There's a man who leads a life of danger. To everyone he meets he stays a stranger. Oops... wrong agent, never mind.

With every move he makes, another chance he takes. Odds are he won't be employed tomorrow.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
Stop, children, what's that sound? -- Stephen Stills
Post #1472815
Posted Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:54 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:50 PM
Chad Crawford (7/11/2013)
Koen Verbeeck (7/11/2013)
Anyone have an idea what's wrong with this guy's SQL Agent?

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1471588-1292-1.aspx#bm1472553

There's a man who leads a life of danger. To everyone he meets he stays a stranger. Oops... wrong agent, never mind.

Perhaps he's gone to live in a strange land and has his pistol in his hand> If so, 'the agent may be defective because he has been playing too much alcoholic chess - or is that the wrong agent too?

Tom
Post #1472830
Posted Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:24 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:53 PM
Sean Lange (7/11/2013)
OK I will show my true American colors here. My wife's company just got a new client in Newfoundland. She is going to have to travel there this fall at some point and wants to take me with her. This sounds like a great opportunity. Then the realization that I don't have a passport hits me. This is probably unbelievable to many of you that a guy in his mid 40s doesn't have a passport. The US is a big place and I used to able to go to Canada and Mexico with no passport. The last time I truly traveled abroad was the summer I spent in England when I was 10. That means my passport expired more than 25 years ago. There are a lot of extra hoops to jump through because I have not had a passport for so long. It would actually be easier if I had never had one before. The upside is that if it comes through in time I should be able to spend a week in Vancouver in September too since she has some client meetings there.

I read a few years back that less than 10% of Americans have a passport, so if it helps you're not alone.

The State Department used to have an expedited passport issuance service, but that was also quite a while back.

My mantra: No loops! No CURSORs! No RBAR! Hoo-uh!

My thought question: Have you ever been told that your query runs too fast?

My advice:
INDEXing a poor-performing query is like putting sugar on cat food. Yeah, it probably tastes better but are you sure you want to eat it?
The path of least resistance can be a slippery slope. Take care that fixing your fixes of fixes doesn't snowball and end up costing you more than fixing the root cause would have in the first place.

Need to UNPIVOT? Why not CROSS APPLY VALUES instead?
Since random numbers are too important to be left to chance, let's generate some!
Learn to understand recursive CTEs by example.
Splitting strings based on patterns can be fast!
Post #1472832
Posted Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:26 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 1:51 PM
I renewed my passport last year. There still was expedited service, but I didn't choose it. Got mine in under 4 weeks.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1472838
Posted Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:32 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 12:43 PM
dwain.c (7/11/2013)
Sean Lange (7/11/2013)
OK I will show my true American colors here. My wife's company just got a new client in Newfoundland. She is going to have to travel there this fall at some point and wants to take me with her. This sounds like a great opportunity. Then the realization that I don't have a passport hits me. This is probably unbelievable to many of you that a guy in his mid 40s doesn't have a passport. The US is a big place and I used to able to go to Canada and Mexico with no passport. The last time I truly traveled abroad was the summer I spent in England when I was 10. That means my passport expired more than 25 years ago. There are a lot of extra hoops to jump through because I have not had a passport for so long. It would actually be easier if I had never had one before. The upside is that if it comes through in time I should be able to spend a week in Vancouver in September too since she has some client meetings there.

I read a few years back that less than 10% of Americans have a passport, so if it helps you're not alone.

The State Department used to have an expedited passport issuance service, but that was also quite a while back.

Welcome to the post-911 NAFTA, which was supposed to make crossing the northern border easier.

'nuff said.
Post #1472839
Posted Friday, July 12, 2013 4:07 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:46 AM
Revenant (7/11/2013)
dwain.c (7/11/2013)
Sean Lange (7/11/2013)

Welcome to the post-911 NAFTA, which was supposed to make crossing the northern border easier.

Well if Canada would quit trying to invade the U.S., maybe it would be easier!

Because we all know they're jealous of our hockey teams. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1472927
Posted Friday, July 12, 2013 5:45 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Today @ 12:06 PM
Brandie Tarvin (7/12/2013)

Well if Canada would quit trying to invade the U.S., maybe it would be easier!

Because we all know they're jealous of our hockey teams. @=)

Detroit Red Wings!
Toronto Maple Leafs!
January 1!
Let's get ready to RRRRRUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE!

(And I've got tickets! )
Post #1472957
Posted Friday, July 12, 2013 6:11 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 8:36 AM
Sean Lange (7/11/2013)

My passport gets within 6 months of expiring and I get very nervous.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1472968
Posted Friday, July 12, 2013 6:23 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:52 PM
Sean Lange (7/11/2013)

Is there a difference in the US between passport and ID? In Belgium we are obliged to carry ID at all times and this allows us to travel anywhere in the European union.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1472981
Posted Friday, July 12, 2013 6:27 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:46 AM
Koen Verbeeck (7/12/2013)
Is there a difference in the US between passport and ID?

Yes, there is. Passport allows us to cross borders with other countries. ID could be anything from a driver's license to a state ID card (similar in size to a driver's license without the driving priviledges) to a student / military ID card, etc.

There are lots of definitions of what "ID" means in the States. Passport is just one of them.

EDIT: And there is no law (federal at least) that requires us to have our ID on us all the time. Most states I've lived in don't have that law either. It's just darned inconvienent to not have ID at hand when someone requests it in order to do business (mortgage, credit card use, drinking, etc.).

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1472985
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««4,0494,0504,0514,0524,053»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse