Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Failure of SSIS Package when Executed from SQL Server Agent Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, November 21, 2008 10:19 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, June 10, 2010 4:28 AM
Well even if I run it manually it won't get the config data from the sql configdb.

So possibly there is something wrong other than what I am thinking?

I'm not sure what you mean by the Scheduled Job owner..

from my understanding, the owner of the schedules job is whatever logon id is used as the longon as for the sql server agent. But in this case, it's part of the proxy user.

Using the xml file way of storing the config data worked well, but the dba for the server that the database is on wants it down with the configdb..
Post #606672
Posted Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:48 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 1:49 AM
I found the solution

I experienced the same Issue with my packages, and tried all these solutions posted here, but none of them worked for me.

What I then did:
1. SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. SQL Services
3. Select SQL Server Agent, right click, select properties.
4. Under log on tab, select 'this account' radio button, and select the user who created the package.

Remember the user can be changed in the Solution Explorer in visual studio/SQL Server Data tools of the package in case there is a need to do that. HOW: Right Click the Project, Properties, Common properties, Project, CreatorName, Change it to whatever name you will configure the SQL Server agent to logon using.
Redeploy your package but not necessary. Start job at Step to test execution. Hurrraaaaayyy... Your Job is up and running.

I trust that this helps. Please give me feedback if this has helped you. Thank you.

Bongani
Post #1515464
Posted Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:30 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:20 AM
skosanabv (11/19/2013)
I found the solution

I experienced the same Issue with my packages, and tried all these solutions posted here, but none of them worked for me.

What I then did:
1. SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. SQL Services
3. Select SQL Server Agent, right click, select properties.
4. Under log on tab, select 'this account' radio button, and select the user who created the package.

Remember the user can be changed in the Solution Explorer in visual studio/SQL Server Data tools of the package in case there is a need to do that. HOW: Right Click the Project, Properties, Common properties, Project, CreatorName, Change it to whatever name you will configure the SQL Server agent to logon using.
Redeploy your package but not necessary. Start job at Step to test execution. Hurrraaaaayyy... Your Job is up and running.

I trust that this helps. Please give me feedback if this has helped you. Thank you.

Bongani

Are you suggesting that the SQL Agent service needs to run with the same account as created a package?

And therefore that every deployed package needs to be created by the same account?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1515599
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse