Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234»»

Repeating TABLE Header on each page of the report when you print the exported to excel report. Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:30 PM
Excellent. Creating report from report wizard has different meanign than creating manually. This is i got it today when i was trying to get the report table headers in each page after adding the group ie based on group i was tring for data in different page.
Your suggestion really helped.
Thank you.
Post #918291
Posted Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:46 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, December 12, 2014 5:01 PM
Thank you very much. All I needed to do was change this:
<TablixRowHierarchy>
<TablixMembers>
<TablixMember>
<TablixHeader>
<Size>2.275in</Size>

to this:

<TablixRowHierarchy>
<TablixMembers>
<TablixMember>
<RepeatOnNewPage>true</RepeatOnNewPage>
<KeepTogether>true</KeepTogether>
<TablixHeader>
<Size>2.275in</Size>

Post #996194
Posted Friday, October 1, 2010 6:09 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:27 AM
Hi

Select table>>>>Go to Table Properties>>>>>>>there u can see the option "repeat header rows on each page">>>>select the option(screen shot attached).Then header will be display in each page(even when u export)

Please let me if u have any doubts

sank

Post Attachments 
Disney_01.jpg (142 views, 125.08 KB)
Post #996572
Posted Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, June 2, 2014 12:46 PM
Thanks.
I had worked with Visual Studio 2005 building Reports, where you could turn on the repeating Table Column Headers from inside the table properties. Working with 2008, I'm surprised at a lot of the functions that have been removed for Report Builder, including the repeating Column Headers if you use an existing report as a template.

I had to use the Wizard to rebuild the table so I could get the repeating column headers. I copied over the header and footer sectopms from the report I was working on. What a pain. Thanks Microsoft (not).
Post #1079945
Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:37 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, April 23, 2012 12:59 PM
Please review the post below which talks about same issue

http://gauravsqlserver.blogspot.com/2011/03/repeat-tablix-row-header-on-each-page.html
Post #1082957
Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:01 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, June 2, 2014 12:46 PM
Fantastic.
I just fixed an older, existing report using your directions.
Thanks a lot.
Post #1082978
Posted Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:16 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, December 1, 2011 11:21 AM
Hey, I wanted to thank you for this tip! It worked perfectly, and I knew nothing about xml going in. So thanks!
Post #1157850
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:07 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:41 AM
This one worked for me like a charm....
Thanks....
Post #1161038
Posted Monday, October 31, 2011 7:39 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, January 2, 2014 4:01 PM
Thanks the time saver..
Post #1198053
Posted Monday, January 30, 2012 6:35 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:35 AM

Adding the three properties suggested above has worked for me in the past, but it didn't work this time, when I had a Column Group in my Header.

I added a parent Group to my first column and repeated the headers per Group. It worked, but wasn't exactly the layout I was looking for.

Then I researched how come it works when you use the wizard and not when you add the item manually. Interestingly enough I have an identical report in which case the Header also has a Column Group and headers DO repeat. So I figured I wasn't doing something right.... I compared both XMLs and found the following properties:

</TablixRowHierarchy>
<RepeatColumnHeaders>true</RepeatColumnHeaders>
<RepeatRowHeaders>true</RepeatRowHeaders>

These are the properties controlled via the Tablix Properties panel.

If I add <RepeatRowHeaders> to my bad report's XML, SSRS deletes it. It won't let me add the property. However, you I tried adding both directly onto the XML and it worked.

So also try that.

Post #1244001
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse