Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234

CXPACKET wait type Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:44 AM
SKYBVI (7/27/2011)
aNY SOLUTION?

Please start a new thread. This one has been revived 4 times already and I don't think there's much more to add to it at this point.
Post #1149218
Posted Sunday, August 7, 2011 8:15 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

I know this is an old thread but since it seems to be found often on google, I find it important to tell anybody reading this that our collective understanding of cxpackets was upgraded over the years. And by quickly skimming this thread I see some info that could use adjusting.

Paul White has spent a genormous amount of time writing this amazing article debunking that myth once and for all.

Have a nice read : http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/learn-sql-server/understanding-and-using-parallelism-in-sql-server/
Post #1155792
Posted Monday, December 3, 2012 10:00 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:39 PM
Ninja's_RGR'us (8/7/2011)
I know this is an old thread but since it seems to be found often on google, I find it important to tell anybody reading this that our collective understanding of cxpackets was upgraded over the years. And by quickly skimming this thread I see some info that could use adjusting.

Paul White has spent a genormous amount of time writing this amazing article debunking that myth once and for all.

Have a nice read : http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/learn-sql-server/understanding-and-using-parallelism-in-sql-server/

Google search brought me here, LOL. That link isn't working for me. Is it correct?
Post #1392048
Posted Monday, December 3, 2012 10:53 AM

SSC-Insane

Still works for me

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/learn-sql-server/understanding-and-using-parallelism-in-sql-server/
Post #1392069
Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:55 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:45 AM
Whilst reducing the number of Processors used will reduce parallelism waits it may not be the best way to 'fix' the query ie. there are probably other underlying issues

A good link on the 'barking dog analogy'

http://www.sqlsoldier.com/wp/sqlserver/thebarkingdoganalogy
Post #1392311
Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:02 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 12:48 PM
scogeb (12/3/2012)
Ninja's_RGR'us (8/7/2011)

Google search brought me here, LOL. That link isn't working for me. Is it correct?

Yes. (Working on part 2 now).

Paul White
SQL Server MVP
SQLblog.com
@SQL_Kiwi
Post #1392315
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 1:21 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 10:37 PM
Good Day,
our environment runs on SQL Server 2008R2 64 bit Ent with 32 CPUs and 200 gig of memory . When I run diagnostics queries to see which processor is busy , there are only 4 processors at a time with readings lower than 10 at a time the others have readings of 0 . We did add the required indexes and tuned the code , but we still get CXPacket SOS_SCHEDULEr_Yield waits . Any ideas ?
Post #1444248
Posted Friday, April 19, 2013 1:29 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 3:43 PM
Please post new questions in a new thread. Thanks

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1444255
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234

Permissions Expand / Collapse