Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Open microsoft outlook by clicking field on SSRS report Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 1, 2014 5:09 AM
I know this is possible in Business Objects, maybe it is here too, but I cannot seem to figure it out or find it. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

How can I open microsoft outlock by clicking on the email field on an SSRS report?

Thanks,
Sam :)
Post #581089
Posted Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:09 AM
Simply add this linke in Action-->Go to URL -->fx : "MailTo:username"
Post #1021327
Posted Monday, October 22, 2012 12:03 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:13 PM
Hi,
What is the command for BCC and CC , I tried MailCC or MailBCC and it didn't work.

Thanks
Post #1375650
Posted Monday, October 22, 2012 12:08 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 9:20 AM
leefuji (10/22/2012)
Hi,
What is the command for BCC and CC , I tried MailCC or MailBCC and it didn't work.

Thanks

http://webdesign.about.com/od/beginningtutorials/a/aa041700b.htm

code example:
<a href="mailto:firstEmail@email.com, SecondEmail@email.com?bcc=TheBlidRecipient@email.com& cc=thirdaddress@email.com&subject=heres%20The%20Info%20You%20Asked%20For"> Click me!</a>

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1375654
Posted Monday, October 22, 2012 1:22 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:13 PM
Lowell,
Your code didn't work as is because I'm working in SSRS and I had to tweak a few things but it definitely pointed what I needed to look for. thanks for your help

Here is the final code I used to have a TO email and BCC email in SSRS that auto inserts into Microsoft Outlook.

="MailTo:FirstPerson@xyz.com" & "?bcc=BlindOne@xyz.com" & "&Subject=Here goes my Subjecet" & "&Body=And here goes the body messagel"

Regards,
Lee
Post #1375698
Posted Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:46 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:28 AM
Hi there

I don't suppose it's possible to fire up the mail client with the report embedded or attached?

Thanks
Post #1519605
Posted Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:52 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:23 AM
Hello,

I am trying to get this to work. I have a text box that I have added an action. In the action I have go to URL. For the URL, I have:

mailto:"recipient1@domain.com"&"?cc=recipient2@domain.com" & "&subject=Report Feedback"

This opens Outlook as expected and has the subject, but it is only addresses to recipient1, there is nothing in cc.

How can I get this report to go to both recipients? I have also tried just putting them both in the main line with a comma between them, but that doesn't work either.

Thanks!
Post #1530761
Posted Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:09 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:03 AM
I had this same issue, I needed to send about 10 emails but I could only get one to show as well. I could only find a work around not a solution and that was to create a an email group in outlook and name that email group as the recipient. For example Client@EmailGroup and in outlook I would have all the emails needed grouped as that name.
Post #1595928
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse