Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Server Replication with SS2K Publisher and SS2K5 Subscriber Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:44 AM
I have a SQL 2000 transactional replication setup for a database. I tried to subscribe to the publication from a SQL Server 2005 database. The subscriber is created successfully, which I made a pull type, but the replication stored procedures required for Insert, update and delete are not created. I know how to create the stored procedures for a single article. Is there any way I can move the entire set of stored procedures required for all the articles? Please help.

Chandrachurh Ghosh
DBA – MS SQL Server
Ericsson India Global Services Limited
Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
Post #580141
Posted Friday, October 3, 2008 4:43 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 6, 2011 11:54 AM
I have never worked on this scenario ( 2K publisher and 2005 subscriber), but here is what i think about it:-

1. Did you run the snapshot agent and apply the snapshot once ? ( ps: kinda obvious but just checking )

If you have ensured that the snapshot was applied at the subscriber and still you dont see the SPs, then you can create a subscription on some test database in 2K server and then copy over the stored procs from there to your 2005 server.

Hope that helped
Post #580619
Posted Wednesday, October 8, 2008 12:53 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:51 PM
On which Version is the Distributor?
Post #582858
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse