Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Execute Process Task - The process exit code was "2" while the expected was "0" Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:16 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:46 PM
So that this helps someone.
The reply is correct that it has to do with credentials when running the package via DTExec.exe. GNU cannot run under SQL agent untill the following was done. All I had to do was to add the pubring and secring files used to decrypt the files in C:\Documents and Settings\SQLSERVICE\Application Data\gnupg folder. "SQLSERVICE" could be different on your system. Then the Job runs, otherwise I would get the process ended with exit code 2 when 0 was expected.
Hope this helps someone
Post #1026079
Posted Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:33 PM
Same issue here. Did you ever find a solution?
thanks,
Kenia
Post #1503279
Posted Friday, June 13, 2014 4:50 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 7:10 AM
Hi Ram,

Struck with the same step where u were, please post any update if u get.

Thanks,
Suresh
Post #1580446
Posted Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:14 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:37 AM
Hi,

I also ran into the same problem.
I was unzipping the folders to a different location. The folders were unzipped successfully, but it used to fail always with the error with the exit code.

I made the changes in the expression task for the column "FailTaskReturnCodeIsNotSuccessValue" to False.

This worked for me.

Hope this helps.
Post #1711273
Posted Monday, October 19, 2015 1:55 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:13 AM
Hello all,

I'm having a similar issue but the exit code is "12" while the expected was "0". I'm completely stuck and not sure what it means or where it's coming from. Basically it's a container. Inside of it there's and Execute Process Task Editor, which executes a batch file, which has code that pulls data from TERADATA, then exports it to a text file. After this, a Data Flow Task imports the data from the text file into a SQL table.

The container errors out about 3 seconds after the executable batch has fired off. I looked it up on the web but nothing with "exit code 12.

Has anyone experienced this situation before, if so, what can be done?

Regards,

J.
Post #1729090
Posted Monday, October 19, 2015 2:06 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:46 PM
latingntlman (10/19/2015)
Hello all,

I'm having a similar issue but the exit code is "12" while the expected was "0". I'm completely stuck and not sure what it means or where it's coming from. Basically it's a container. Inside of it there's and Execute Process Task Editor, which executes a batch file, which has code that pulls data from TERADATA, then exports it to a text file. After this, a Data Flow Task imports the data from the text file into a SQL table.

The container errors out about 3 seconds after the executable batch has fired off. I looked it up on the web but nothing with "exit code 12.

Has anyone experienced this situation before, if so, what can be done?

Regards,

J.

My question would be why are you using a batch file to export data from Teradata to a text file and then importing the data from the text file? Seems to me you should be pulling the data directly from Teradata in to the target table In SQL.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1729095
Posted Monday, October 19, 2015 2:38 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

I inherited this SSIS solution from someone who's no longer w/the company, so I can't get into that right now. What I really need to figure out is what the heck that exit code 12 means and how I can fix it, so any light shed by anyone will be greatly appreciated.

J.
Post #1729104
Posted Monday, October 19, 2015 2:46 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Well, here's the problem. We can't see what you see from here. We have no idea what the process is that is extracting the data from Teradata. We don't know what the process is being used to import the data (though I have an idea). Most importantly, we don't know which is failing or if the failure is actually a success.

You will need to break down the process, perhaps run it in debug mode in BI Studio (or what ever it is called), and pin point where the failure is occurring.

You may also want to look at adding logging to the process.

Lynn Pettis

For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables

Post #1729106
Posted Monday, October 19, 2015 4:13 PM

SSC Veteran

It turned out to be an access violation issue inside the batch file: The login user's password had expired. Problem fixed.
Post #1729140
Posted Monday, October 19, 2015 4:16 PM

SSC-Insane

latingntlman (10/19/2015)
It turned out to be an access violation issue inside the batch file: The login user's password had expired. Problem fixed.

Glad you found it.

Lynn Pettis

Post #1729143
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse