Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

70-445 Questions and answers Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:46 AM
Hi evreyone

This is the request to all of you who have passed and studying for the certification exam 70-445. I have a training kit but i want sample important questions with answers which will give better idea and more vigilance while doing preparations!

if any one has such , can you please provide them to me , I will be highly grateful !

Thanks

-Meghna
Post #565272
Posted Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:30 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 8:51 PM
The training kit should give you an idea of the types of questions and perhaps someone will chime in.

Exact questions and potential answers, should not be posted as that violates the NDA of the exam.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #571884
Posted Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:45 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 7:10 PM
Transcender and MeasureUp are both good. Not cheap though.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #571907
Posted Friday, September 19, 2008 5:01 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:04 PM
I prefer Transcendor myself. Plus Microsoft's website for certification usually has a 10 question "sample" you can look at.

If you get more cert study books, aside from the training Kit, those also usually have a practice test or a set of questions on a CD/DVD that you can install on your PC and play with, but they're usually more multiple choice then actual Sim / Case Study style.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #572401
Posted Friday, September 19, 2008 5:12 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:46 AM
i started studying and that training kit seems interesting , it covers most of the core concepts which is only required to clear this exam!

try that folks!
Post #572405
Posted Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:04 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:46 AM
I wouldn't go personally for Transcender - expensive and far away from the point....
Post #583142
Posted Thursday, October 9, 2008 4:07 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Far away from the point??? What do you mean?

Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #583170
Posted Thursday, October 9, 2008 9:49 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 5:22 PM
As a side bar, this is why I hate certifications. They mean nothing because you can get the answers to most of the questions one way or the other and some (many, apparently) would rather spend the time memorizing the answers than learning the skill. ;)

I've had two certified DBA's where if practical knowledge about SQL Server and-T-SQL were gasoline, they wouldn't have enough to run a sugar-ant's mini-bike through a matchbox. Yes, there are some good ones with certifications... but they probably would have been good even without the certification because they practice their trade instead of book-memorization.

It generally takes me 2 to 4 questions when I'm interviewing someone to figure out if they've ever done anything worthwhile in SQL Server more than being in the same room with a study guide. They're not difficult questions, either. :)

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #583720
Posted Friday, October 10, 2008 5:31 AM

SSCertifiable

Oh, yes. I've been on the interviewer side of the table myself. It makes me appreciate that I was smart enough to build myself a SOHO and actually work things through when I was studying for my certs.

Of course, coming from a retail background, I had a lot more to prove than a lot of people who were already in IT. @=)

I've actually stumped people with simple backup & restore questions of all things. You'd think *that* particular subject matter would be basic to everyone's DBA knowledge.

Post #583879
Posted Friday, October 10, 2008 7:04 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 7:10 PM
Brandie Tarvin (10/10/2008)

I've actually stumped people with simple backup & restore questions of all things. You'd think *that* particular subject matter would be basic to everyone's DBA knowledge.

Oh, please... Just take a look at all the backup/restore questions we get here

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #583919
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse