Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Writing the Execute SQL Task Output to package Variable Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:20 PM
Have a look at this, I think it will answer your questions:
[url]http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mattm/archive/2006/11/08/stored-procedures-with-output-parameters.aspx[\url]
Post #943020
Posted Sunday, June 27, 2010 5:25 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, October 27, 2014 8:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that the variable value is reset once the package finishes running. So unless you are doing something with the variable during runtime to validate it (like showing it in a messagebox or inserting it another table) then it will look like nothing has changed.

So can you clarify how you are verifying that the variable is not populated?
Post #943542
Posted Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:40 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, January 23, 2012 10:47 AM
hi there,

I was using the locals window which lists all the runtime values when you view them at breakpoint execution.

Hoever, in all my frustration because i thought i'm following the process 100% to get this set up, i decided to start a brand new package and declare the variables from scratch. And WHAT DO YOU know, it worked. So i suppose it was again one of those freaky situations where you cannot find the error and when you re-do it , there is no error.

So eventually i got it figured out to the point where my OLEDB source can now select data from the source system, using the variable in the where clause as the starting point. And my entire fact table load completed successfully

WHOOOOO hhoooo

Glaudie
Post #944439
Posted Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:13 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:52 PM
Well, I'm glad it worked out in the end

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #944460
Posted Friday, June 22, 2012 4:54 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, September 19, 2014 1:07 PM
I am having a similar problem. Were you ever able to determine what was causing the variable not to populate?
Post #1320200
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse