Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Detaching Databases - SQL School Video Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Monday, August 19, 2013 12:07 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Detaching Databases - SQL School Video

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
Post #550544
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:54 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:15 PM
Brian,
Nice work! I thought it was a little on the basic side, but there are lots of Jr. guys who would benefit!

Mark
Post #552590
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:28 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Monday, August 19, 2013 12:07 PM
You're absolutly right! It's most certainly on the basic 100 level side but that was intentional.

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
Post #552611
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:05 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, November 07, 2008 8:15 AM

There are some Newbie/Jr level people around, I'm one of them!

But hey, even then, I feel that it could've briefly discussed the differences between doing that and restoring a backup. If there are any...

Keep doing those!!!

Lou
Post #552642
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:11 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:30 AM
I absolutely love that JumpStartTV now appears to be integrated to some degree with SSC. I really like JumpStartTV, just never really had time to log into another site; might be nice if some of the videos were included in our daily newsletter.

About this particular video, I was a little disappointed that it didn't show moving the files to the new server and reattaching them. Kind of seemed like we left the process half way done. However, what was there was great, I love the idea of short little video clips showing us some of these processes.

It might be nice if a note was added to the article saying what experience level it is intended for.
Post #552816
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:23 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:15 PM
Jereme Guenther (8/14/2008)
I absolutely love that JumpStartTV now appears to be integrated to some degree with SSC. I really like JumpStartTV, just never really had time to log into another site; might be nice if some of the videos were included in our daily newsletter.

About this particular video, I was a little disappointed that it didn't show moving the files to the new server and reattaching them. Kind of seemed like we left the process half way done. However, what was there was great, I love the idea of short little video clips showing us some of these processes.

It might be nice if a note was added to the article saying what experience level it is intended for.

There was a previous article that showed just that...
Post #552830
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:53 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:30 AM
Nice, I must have missed that article, or it didn't go out in the newsletter.
A link to it in this article would help with that.
Post #552865
Posted Tuesday, January 06, 2009 1:18 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:29 AM
I have a question for the OP...

I had an issue with detaching a database in SQL 2005 SP 2 STD edition...

I had a post about it here on S.C.C.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic628227-146-1.aspx

Which another forum member confirmed my actions to some degree...

I couldn't find anything online regarding the "WHY" and am curious if you can lend any knowledge to my situation?

Thanks,
Lee
Post #630953
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse