Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Reusable component in SSIS package Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:56 PM
Greetings,

I have some work (e.g. logging information to a file, logging information to a database) that I need to do in several places in my SSIS package. I also need to be able to do this work inside script tasks.

Obviously I do not want to repeat this unit of work. Any suggestions on how I can create a reusable "component" in the package that I can call from anywhere I want?

Of course I could create an external assembly and reference and call it whenever I want from the script tasks, but is there any other way to keep the reusable component "inside" the package? Is there a "script component" task or something I haven't seen yet?

Cheers
Paul
Post #544032
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:47 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:30 PM
One possibility is to create a package with the common logic and call it as needed.
Post #544295
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:16 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:56 PM
Is it possible to create a script task that is detached from everything else and call it from anywhere I want?
Post #544808
Posted Friday, August 1, 2008 7:16 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:30 PM
I have only done it as a child package. You might also take a look at creating event handlers. Perhaps some of what you want to do could be handled that way.
Post #545105
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse