Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

SSRS 2005 Parameter validation Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 02, 2010 12:52 PM
It's also created some issues. My boss now want to ensure we are validating user entered values. His fear "...what to prevent someone from entering a select * or delete statement". Fine. But the parameter is defiined as a varchar(4) so it will only pass the first 4 characters anyway.
Post #548320
Posted Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 07, 2011 3:08 AM
Hi,
This is working fine in the solution(i.e., rdl file when I preview) but not working from report server.
It's throwing some error like :
Error during processing of ‘ValidateDate’ report parameter. (rsReportParameterProcessingError)
What can be done to solve this kind of issue?

Thanks
Dorai Pandi.P
Post #1052942
Posted Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:48 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Thursday, April 03, 2014 7:20 AM
Given the level of angst on this topic, I wonder if perhaps using SSRS is really the right solution for a scenario with what amounts to a desire for "cascading" parameters (a parameter that depends on the value of another parameter, or for a rather complex mix of inputs, all requiring validation. Seems to me that kind of requirement is far more appropriate to a developed application than to a reporting scenario.

The idea behind reporting is to keep it simple, and 11 parameters, while possible, is way beyond simple. That's not to say SSRS can't do it, but I question any kind of "reporting" being labelled as reporting when there are that many parameters. How can one person really keep track of that many selections? Something is missing here...

Just my two cents...

Steve
(aka sgmunson)

Steve
(aka sgmunson)

Internet ATM Machine
Post #1053100
Posted Monday, March 04, 2013 5:11 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:40 AM
Hi there,

you said
"In Available Values choose Non-Queried and from Default Values choose Non-Queried in right side of textbox then press the FX button then paste this code =CODE.CheckDate( .Value) "

Unfortunately, the option "Non-Queried" doesn't exist.

For Default Values, I have ticked the radio-Box for Specify Values, clicked on the Fx button and copied =CODE.CheckDate( .Value).

For Available Values, I'm not sure what to select, if I select "NONE", I received an error message about this newly created parameter:
".... BC30157 Leading '.' or '!' can only appear inside a 'with' statement" that is documented in this page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1f35a50w.aspx

What should be the set-up for "Available Value" ?

Thank you,
AL
Post #1426187
Posted Friday, June 21, 2013 11:32 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 6:20 PM
I would just add that if a start date is greater than an ending data, there should be no data returned. The user will get the point sooner or later, though it helps to have that hidden message appear at this time, as described earlier.
Post #1466323
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse