Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

SQL Overview IV - DBA's Morning Review Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:24 PM
Thanks for quick response,

Please let me know when successful with the all jobs monitoring...

Thank you!
Post #510823
Posted Tuesday, June 3, 2008 12:27 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:11 PM
The download has been updated to correct a few bugs, courtesy of Mr. Bird.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #510884
Posted Tuesday, June 3, 2008 11:32 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:37 PM
Mr. Bird^_^
I learned a lot from your article. thanks a lot.
If it is allowed to use sp_cmdshell, we can use findstr, that is a windows command, to find the error message we cared in SQL ERRORLOG. It is more efficient.
Post #511128
Posted Friday, June 6, 2008 5:30 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Sunday, September 21, 2014 2:57 AM
Instead of having the log parser on each server, you may have each server configured so sql server error messages are forwarded to a single server where the log parser tool is executed.

Post #512802
Posted Saturday, June 14, 2008 8:46 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:42 AM
I would just like to say THANK YOU. Not having to look at each server for failed jobs is a huge time saver.

Luke C
MCSE: Data Platform, MCP, MCTS, MCITP - Database Administrator & Database Developer
Post #517168
Posted Friday, August 1, 2008 12:38 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, March 4, 2011 7:39 AM
Hi David,

I'm receiving the following error when running the checkout package on some of our SQL Server 2000 instances:

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "MultiServer" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

I compared server configuration parameters against other 2000 SQL Servers that executed the checkout successfully but I didn't find anything different. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Chris
Post #545412
Posted Tuesday, August 5, 2008 11:08 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, March 4, 2011 7:39 AM
Never mind the post above, I had to enable named pipes in the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Also, I noticed that I get a duplicate key error with named server instances when running the report of missing database backups. I made the following tweak in bold to the first step of the SQL Agent job to correct this :

INSERT INTO [rep].[Database_List]
([Server],DatabaseName,Usage)
SELECT [Database_Status].[Server]
,[Database_Status].[DatabaseName]
,isNULL([SSIS_ServerList].[Usage],'NA')
FROM [Database_Status] INNER JOIN [SSIS_ServerList]
ON [SSIS_ServerList].[Server] = [Database_Status].[Server]

Where NOT EXISTS (select * from [rep].[Database_List]
WHERE [Database_List].[Server] = [Database_Status].[Server]
AND [Database_List].[DatabaseName] = [Database_Status].[DatabaseName]
)
Post #546928
Posted Monday, August 11, 2008 12:22 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 9:18 AM
Thanks for posting solutions to the problems you experienced with the package.

David Bird

My PC Quick Reference Guide
Post #550521
Posted Friday, December 19, 2008 9:14 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2014 10:56 PM
Super series of articles. This has helped me streamline monitoring and also learn SSIS more effectively.

Many thanks for taking the time to contribute.

I've found a few things that might be worth looking at:
1. The list of Report Jobs shows "DBA-SQL Overview - Report Large Log Files" but the script to create the job has "@job_name=N'DBA-SQL Overview - Report Large Log File'"

2. DBA-SQL Overview - Report Job Failures
"SELECT @From=@@SERVERNAME + ''@choosebroadspire.com''"
You actually have this in other places as well, is it just something that wasn't cleaned up?
EDIT: I believe I know why this is here now.

"@output_file_name=N'I:\Output\Job\DBA-SQL Overview - Report Job Failures.txt', "
May need to be changed to an appropriate drive on the Host Server.

MCITP, Database Administrator
A hodgepodge of Information Technology and Life
LinkedIn Profile
My Twitter
Post #623095
Posted Friday, July 31, 2009 1:21 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 10:01 AM
Hey David., I know this is an old thread but I really liked your approach and have developed on top of yours. I had a question about drive spae and low drive space and how you would handle my issues.

We have a SQL cluster with 12 instances of SQL. Each assigned their own Logical drive and one mount point. So for instance sql1 it would be assigned drive H and the mount point would be H:\LOGS. Instance SQL2 would have drive J: and Mount point J:\LOGS

Your drive space scripts, has every drive on the cluster node under each instance server name. So for instnce...if there are 5 sql instances on each node, each instance would have 5 drives under each one. None of the mount points are listed.

Are there any views or tables that shows what drive letters each SQL instance can see or uses? Is there any new methods that replaces the (sp_OAMethod @fso,'GetDrive', @odrive OUT) si that we can get drive space from mount points?

Hope your stilll around and monitor this.. Thanks

Post #763346
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse