Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Templates and teamwork Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:34 PM
Found it. (It was "Twitchell" with a double "L" at the end.)

Nope, that doesn't help. It refers to an alternate location on my same machine, not a remote location on a network share. We don't have multiple users on one machine as a rule. We each have our own.

I want the little monsters to sit out on the network so if anyone in my group changes one, SSMS propagates from the change template on the net to my local template repository.

Guess we're stuck periodically emailing everyone an updated template and telling them to put it on their machine.
Post #712433
Posted Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:43 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, January 4, 2013 8:32 AM
Whoops, dropped an l at the end of his last name.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ko-KR/sqltools/thread/4013c8de-c39b-437a-b447-3d5f1fee84ea

I also found that you need to change the tql extension to sql and your templates will be visible and then everything will work great.
Post #712440
Posted Friday, January 15, 2010 11:49 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:15 AM
Is there any way to have a placeholder for the generated date?

-- Author: <Author,,Rémi Grégoire>
-- Create date: <Create Date,,GetDate()>
-- Description: <Procedure_Name, sysname, ProcedureName>

I want the getDate() to be replaced by '2010-01-15' when I replace the template variables.

TIA.
Post #848478
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, August 3, 2014 7:21 PM
To collect the SQL snippets I use a service called Snip2Code, which is also integrated into Visual Studio as an extension.

This way, I'm able to share my snippets with my team and reach them on all the servers with an Internet connection. So I'm not linked to a particular installation of SQL Managemenet Studio or similar.

Try it:
www.snip2code.com
Post #1414114
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse