Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:55 AM
Kirk Haselden is one of the author of Professional SQL Sever 2005 Integration Service.
Anyway I agree this book is not much help as far as I concern. I probably will give it a 3 out of 5 too.
Post #499993
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:06 PM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Monday, May 5, 2014 1:57 PM
Kirk Haselden is not one of the authors of this book, i.e. Professional Sql Server 2005 Integration Services. I've got it in my hand right now. The authors are:
Brian Knight, Allan Mitchell, Darren Green, Douglas Hinson, Kathi Kellenberger, Andy Leonard, Eri Veerman, Jason Gerard, Haidong Ji, Mike Murphy.

"Beliefs" get in the way of learning.
Post #500007
Posted Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:26 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:57 AM
I purchased this book in 2006 when first published as the company I was working for wanted to upgrade to SQL Server 2005 and as the Senior Database Developer/DBA, I had to evaluate how much effort it would take for the conversion of the DTS packages and sort. I found the book helpful at the basic level with it's explanation and case studies. It served as a good jumping off point as I was already very versed in DTS.

Now that I have been working with SSIS for two years, I find my skills beyond the book, however I must reiterate, it was a good jumping off point to get me thinking on SSIS.

At the time of publishing I would have rated this book a 4.5, now, I think it should be renamed with the Beginning tag to maintain that rating. As what I expect from a Professional tagged book, I'd rate it between 3.5 and 4 today.

Marvin Dillard
Senior Consultant
Claraview Inc
Post #500769
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse