Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234

SQL Server 2005 Master database Restore to a Different Server Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:48 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:18 AM
Ok, so follow Duncan's steps to avoid the same instance conflict, then run these sp's to address the duplicate server on the network?

Thanks for your help.
Post #796059
Posted Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:41 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:00 AM
Hey All,

My task and your mission if you choose to accept it is... Move a named instance (all databases, jobs and users) from a standalone server to a cluster. I will need to change the server name, instance name, drive letters and instance number (MSSQL.*) in the process (THIS IS NOT MY IDEA, Pointy haired boss has nothing better to do). Is there a KB that goes through the steps or should I follow the steps above.

Thanks

LostFromTheStart
Post #880239
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:05 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Today @ 8:49 AM
As master holds information for other system databases, bringing one from other server, its not able to find msdb/tempdb ( as they point to location on source server)
Post #1182770
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:03 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 6:38 AM
Two plus year old post.

Chris Powell

George: You're kidding.
Elroy: Nope.
George: Then lie to me and say you're kidding.
Post #1182805
Posted Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:47 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 11:51 AM
actually its only a year old, but hey there's nothing like resurrecting the dead

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1183220
Posted Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:11 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 6:46 AM
It almost sounds like the backup file set contains multiple backups. Might have to use the FILE= clause of the restore command to specify the one that is to be restored.

Post #1183456
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234

Permissions Expand / Collapse