Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

theSystem - Part II Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:18 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:43 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item theSystem - Part II

Steve
http://stevefibich.net
http://utilitydb.codeplex.com/
Post #485429
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:12 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:55 PM
It will be interesting to see how this game develops. Databases of sorts are used all the time in games to provide flexibility to the game design. Working so long in the business world made me forget what motivated me to get into computer games. Creating the best computer game ever. Well that never happened

Thanks for continuing the series.

David Bird

My PC Quick Reference Guide
Post #485583
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:32 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:43 AM
Great series so far. I am going to be using your code in a db to poke around with it and see how it ticks....
Post #485603
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:49 PM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:11 AM
Your code for inserting landtypes has 'stream' commented out. I missed that before I ran it, and it caused all sorts of trouble.

Your first page is also missing the script for creating the metadata.logging table.

It's taking shape. I can't wait to see whats next.

Dan
Post #485897
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:01 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:43 AM
Dan Guzman (4/16/2008)
Your code for inserting landtypes has 'stream' commented out. I missed that before I ran it, and it caused all sorts of trouble.

Your first page is also missing the script for creating the metadata.logging table.

It's taking shape. I can't wait to see whats next.

Dan

i agree....i removed stream altogether and created the logging table myself.....i was able to generate maps, which is pretty cool. I cannot wait to see when he adds the percentage modifier to the land types
Post #485906
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:18 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:43 PM
Sorry about any scripting issues, I ran a test in my development environment before posting. I thought I cleared everything out and built it from scratch but I must have missed something. I'll include a full build with the next article.

Steve
http://stevefibich.net
http://utilitydb.codeplex.com/
Post #486043
Posted Thursday, April 17, 2008 12:24 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:46 AM
Good one and really this series is taking an excellent turn. Waiting for the next one.

Post #486139
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse