Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Best Editor To use Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 11:55 AM
If you want to go freeware/shareware, you might consider taking a look at Crimson Editor. It has a customizable markup language (so it knows what to highlight, keywords, etc...). It has a LOT of built-in languages it can understand, among which T-SQL and PowerShell (although PowerShell is a "custom" template you need to add as I recall).

It's not intellisense, but not bad for a basic markup, type and validate basic syntax kind of app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #482623
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:45 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:39 AM
SQLProgrammer is also very good to use, specially when you know not or forget the syntax of commands or store procedures.

"We never plan to Fail, We just fail to plan":)
Post #482627
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2008 3:01 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, March 6, 2014 7:02 PM
Thanks for all the responeseses guys.

For now I am going to give Management studio another go, do you guys have any sites with some guides on all the different configurations for it so that i can play and customize it to my needs?
Post #482637
Posted Thursday, April 10, 2008 3:02 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:49 AM
I use PSPad as replacement of notepad. It is better than Notepad++ in my opinion. Works very well and supports incremental search, the feature I use a lot.

Piotr

...and your only reply is slàinte mhath
Post #482853
Posted Friday, April 11, 2008 8:24 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:32 PM
Notepad is equivalent to a "rock and a chisel". Almost as bad as Vi on UNIX.

Give KEDIT (http://www.kedit.com/) a try. It's a general purpose text editor for all sorts of file types that I've been using for years. Supports macros, column editing (one of my favorite features), is fast, can handle large files, low memory footprint, etc. etc. While it doesn't have IntelliSense, it can be configured to understand the nuances of each language (color coding, comments, matching parens, braces, etc.).

Best feature of all: It runs under a portable license. So buy your own copy and use it at work.

Evaluation copies are available at their web site.

(PHB) I think we should build an SQL database. (Dilbert) What color do you want that database? (PHB) I think mauve has the most RAM.
Post #483714
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse