Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Developer Edition on Vista Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 06, 2009 8:08 PM
Is it possible to install and run the SQL 2005 Developer edition on a Vista Business machine.?

Thanks

Post #482025
Posted Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:58 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 10:53 AM
Richard Buchner, Chicago (4/8/2008)
Is it possible to install and run the SQL 2005 Developer edition on a Vista Business machine.?

Thanks

Absolutely. Essentially ignore the "this program has compatibility issues" messages, install Developer edition, then patch immediately to SQL Server 2005 SP2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #482026
Posted Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:01 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, April 06, 2009 8:08 PM
OK will try again, thanks for the quick respone !

Post #482028
Posted Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:15 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:38 PM
Yes it's possible.

I am not sure what were the errors but I had some problems after installation about starting the server and browsing the databases.

If I remember correctly I setup the authentication as being Windows + SQL Server and then did something.

Kindest Regards,

WRACK
CodeLake
Post #482031
Posted Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:19 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 10:53 AM
Richard Buchner, Chicago (4/8/2008)
OK will try again, thanks for the quick respone !

Once you install SP2 - the Provisioning tool for Vista should launch - be sure to set up some users/admin group so that they can run the client correctly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #482033
Posted Wednesday, April 09, 2008 9:44 PM

Keeper of the Duck

Keeper of the Duck

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:06 PM
If you accidentally cancel out of the provisioning tool and you run into a situation where the service isn't running at the time, you can execute it manually:

SQL Provisioning Tool (SQL Server 2005 SP2)

K. Brian Kelley, CISA, MCSE, Security+, MVP - SQL Server
Regular Columnist (Security), SQLServerCentral.com
Author of Introduction to SQL Server: Basic Skills for Any SQL Server User
| Professional Development blog | Technical Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter
Post #482749
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse