Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

how to set the 'Select All' option as default selected in multivalue parameter? Expand / Collapse
Author
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, September 27, 2014 2:11 PM
mtraphagen:

If you want a default select for your parameters then you can set that up in the "Default values" section at the bottom of the "Report parameters" screen. If you want just one value chosen then you can use the "non-queried" option. for example, if you wanted toady's date selected then you would enter "=today()". If you want to select a bunch of stuff (or everything) from a query then you can do that with the "From query" option. It will ask you for a dataset and and a value field that matches the value field from the "available values" section.
Post #503701
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:03 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:00 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm missing something really obvious. (Sorry) it sounds as if I'm doing precisely what you describe, but my check boxes are not checked by default.

In avail values: From query, a dataset I've created just for this list. Value\label fields selected from this list.

Default values; From Query. I've tried both the main dataset and the list dataset. Neither sets my check boxes. (Actually, main dataset errors out.)

SQL Server 2005 is on the server with SP2. I'm using VS2005 on my dev box. I never upgraded the server from previous. I built it last month then applied SP2.

any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you a whole bunch!

Michelle
Post #503789
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:09 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Hey Michelle,

Your "default value" should be identical to your "available values" settings and it should work just fine. Have you tried it in both VS and SSRS?
Post #503800
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:14 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

I want to select a bunch of stuff (or everything) from a query then you can do that with the "From query" option. It will ask you for a dataset and and a value field that matches the value field from the "available values" section.

...I did that, my values display, but none are checked. I have no idea what I am missing.....

Post #503802
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:23 AM
Grasshopper

Hi,

I'm using VS2005. I'm deploying to Sharepoint so I can't use SSRS right? Or do you mean Report Builder? Report Builder won't open up my VS2005 created reports.
Post #503812
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:35 AM
Right there with Babe

Hey Michelle,

I was just curious if this issue was specific to VS or also apparent in RS/MOSS.

Question: Is the "Multi-value" options checked under properties?
Post #503821
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:40 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:56 PM
mtraphagen (5/20/2008)
I want to select a bunch of stuff (or everything) from a query then you can do that with the "From query" option. It will ask you for a dataset and and a value field that matches the value field from the "available values" section.

...I did that, my values display, but none are checked. I have no idea what I am missing.....

You have to repeat that below in the "default value" section. It doesn't show anything at first, since the default "default" is null. You'll want to set it to the same thing as the value column you have in the "Available values" section.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #503827
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:16 AM
Grasshopper

Hey!

I had to go into MOSS, into the edit parameter option and set the default there. (Yuk, not fun if you have a bunch of them)

But it worked for me then. My values are checked by default! Thank you very much!

I appreciate it!

Michelle
Post #503859
Posted Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:34 AM
Grasshopper

Last Login: Monday, August 26, 2013 9:15 AM
How/where in MOSS did you go to edit the parameter option.

I have having the same issues where my default values are setup the same as my available values, multiple selections is checked, but no values are checked in the parameter list.

Thank you,

Steve

mtraphagen (5/20/2008)
Hey!

I had to go into MOSS, into the edit parameter option and set the default there. (Yuk, not fun if you have a bunch of them)

But it worked for me then. My values are checked by default! Thank you very much!

I appreciate it!

Michelle
Post #1469493
Posted Tuesday, July 2, 2013 8:08 AM
Grasshopper

Last Login: Monday, August 26, 2013 9:15 AM
I figured it out. My query on the parameter list dataset was returning a NULL value in the list. This is not supported. After I added the where programname <> 'NULL' to the dataset query, everything is working now and the values are all selected by default.
Post #1469528
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse