Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Database Wars Coming for the XBOX 360 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 11:53 AM
Antares686 (4/1/2008)
Tom the last Florida native (4/1/2008)
The follow-on to this: Next round of M$ certification tests are to be multi-player role playing games.

I want the half-geek/half-nerd with the C#/SQL class.

I thought their strength was in CRL integration....!

You know - the more you think about it, the more a Cagematch approach to certification seems to make sense:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #477593
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:20 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 10:00 AM
well anyone good in XNA? we can code a Live Arcade Project a-la BBS Hacker ANSI DOOR, but with SQL Theme.
Post #477610
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 8:34 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 8:20 AM
Will DOugherty (4/1/2008)
How can they release this only for Xbox? They've neglected the PC gamers again!

I'm waiting for the Nintendo DS version myself, though a Wii version could be fun! As to why they'd release it only for the Xbox: well, it is a Microsoft product!

Halo 2k8: SQL Wars! Master Chief DBA! (and then wait for the Red Vs Blue version!)

-----
Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson
Post #477692
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 8:54 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, July 2, 2012 9:31 AM
Real Nice! What a disappointment for all us DB geeks!!

--------------------------
Zach

Odds_And_Ends Blog
Post #477728
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 9:15 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:16 PM
It's April Fool's, but it's a good idea. Who wouldn't like a HALO or Gears of War game tarketing Oracle DBAs or databases!!!

Don't forget to play some jokes on those Oracle folks today. Get them to lighten up!

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #477757
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 9:21 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 8:20 AM
Steve Jones - Editor (4/1/2008)
It's April Fool's, but it's a good idea. Who wouldn't like a HALO or Gears of War game tarketing Oracle DBAs or databases!!!

Sort of like the Barney or Simpsons skins for Quake...

I came across a really cool story on Slashdot (IIRC) a while back. As you may know, the source code to Doom was released as open source. This guy interfaced Doom into a Unix PS daemon, so that when a process was eating too many resources, it would appear as a bigger monster on the screen. By shooting it, you lowered its priority level and forced it to 'play fair' with the rest of the system. If you killed the monster, you killed the process.

It also had user security, so that a junior sysadmin could be restricted to only having a pistol, while a senior admin could also use a BFG.

I thought that was pretty cool. I wanted to set it up for my Mac or on a *nix box but never got around to it. :D

-----
Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson
Post #477771
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 10:22 AM
SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:06 AM
Hmmmm, maybe I need to pull out my copy of Doom source and write SQL Wars myself. Like the UNIX thing, never heard about that.

Post #477844
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 10:41 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:29 PM
How can they neglect the PC gamer when the target audience is DBAs?

---
Timothy A Wiseman
SQL Blog: http://timothyawiseman.wordpress.com/
Post #477867
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 10:59 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:15 PM
I'm waiting for the WII version.
Post #477891
Posted Tuesday, April 1, 2008 11:14 AM
SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:06 AM
Just thought about it, if I am going to play some game for SQL DBA's maybe I want a little more Eye-Candy. Maybe something like Dead-Or-Alive SQL.:P

Post #477906
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse