Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

How do I stop restore which I am doing using SQL Litespeed, Urgent please!! Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:48 PM
I am using SQL Litespeed tool for the restore of a database backup, can someone let me know how I can stop the restore as it looks like the restore is hung, Thanks!!
Post #474236
Posted Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:55 PM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:19 PM
I'm not familiar with Litespeed.

Does it use some sort of extended stored procedure, or does it run as a standalone program?

Assuming you know your backup is good, can you use task manager to manualyl kill litespeed and/or bounce SQL services to free it up?

Jason Shadonix
MCTS, SQL 2005
Post #474341
Posted Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:25 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:48 PM
It runs based on extended stored procs, without bounvcing the sql services can we stop the process? Thx.
Post #474358
Posted Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:53 PM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:19 PM
Not being a LiteSpeed guru I hesitate to suggest much. I'd look on Quest's support page. It may be a common problem with a simple solution.

Another thing you might do is look thru the Windows event logs. I used to use Idera SQL Safe, and sometimes errors would get logged there and nowhere else.

Jason Shadonix
MCTS, SQL 2005
Post #474370
Posted Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:19 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, August 10, 2009 2:25 PM
Is it using a connection to sql server. If so you can find out the spid by doing a sp_who2 and dbcc inputbuffer and kill the spid. I also am not familiar with litespeed but I would start there.
Post #474406
Posted Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:04 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:49 PM
Litespeed backup is compressed. When the backup is restored, it will be decompressed first then restored. Depends on the database size, it may take a while for the whole process. During the decompressing period, you will see the process is doing nothing (hanging).

You may terminate it by killing the process.
Post #474467
Posted Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:32 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:44 PM
I think you will not be able to stop without stopping sql service. you may try killing process id using tskill command thru DOS Command prompt

--www.sqlvillage.com
Post #476627
Posted Thursday, April 3, 2008 7:23 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:32 AM
Hi MH,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your restore. You can stop a hangin restore restore by either killing the spid that LiteSpeed is using or by ending the LiteSpeed process (sqllitespeed32.exe). You will not have to stop the SQL Server process at any point in time.

You can then restart the restore and if the problem persists you should contact Quest support. LiteSpeed is supported 24/7 and they'll be happy to help you.

Regards,

David Swanson
Quest Product Management
Post #479180
Posted Thursday, April 3, 2008 9:22 AM
Ten Centuries

Last Login: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:49 PM
I remember there is a parameter showing the restore progress, like 10% something, when using xp_restore_database. I did not see it work when I used it.

David, do you know anything about this? Do you have an example to share how to use this parameter to see the restore progress?

Thanks,
Vivien
Post #479312
Posted Thursday, April 3, 2008 9:33 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:32 AM
Hi Vivien,

The parameter is " @with = 'STATS = 10' ". Change the '10' to whatever oncrement you want reported. The progress var in the interface defaults to 10%.

I hope that helps.

-David
Post #479325
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse