Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Applying Your Scripts across Multiple SQL Server Databases Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:48 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Applying Your Scripts across Multiple SQL Server Databases

My Blog: http://dineshasanka.spaces.live.com/
Post #472064
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:11 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, December 22, 2014 11:14 PM
I am responsible for 16 databases on a single server - each database is the same 'shape' (ie. tables/views/stored procedures) etc., but contains data from disparate sources. When applying database changes I had a tick list to make sure the same changes were applied to each database, and in some cases there were multiple scripts to be applied. I'd sit in front of Management Studio waiting for a script to complete (which, when data changes were being made, could take some time over millions of rows). Then I'd move on to the next database.

Then I bought Multi Script which now manages the whole lot for me. I've binned my tick lists.

Inflatable sailors never die, they gently deflate over time.

Post #472103
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:29 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, December 15, 2014 4:15 AM
The tool seems cool. But I should not comment on these in positive or negative unless and until using it. As the tool is new we will know the advantages and disadvantages of it when it will be extensively used in production.

Thanks to the author for explaining it well. :)

Regards

Post #472108
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:35 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, December 22, 2014 11:14 PM
I concur with Anirban. We have to use it a lot more in production to identify any pitfalls. However, I am using the product in my production environments and so far it does what it says on the tin.

Inflatable sailors never die, they gently deflate over time.

Post #472110
Posted Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:08 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, February 6, 2009 2:13 PM
I personally prefer QueryBlaster (www.QueryBlaster.com). I have been using it on my production servers for a few months now and I love it. No more skipped over databases and I'm finished in a fraction of the time!
Post #567507
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse