Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234

Overwriting Excel File with SSIS package Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:17 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 13, 2014 1:09 PM
pduplessis-723389 (6/18/2008)
Consider using a drop table/create table command, which will effectively delete the worksheet and replace this with a new one.

~PD

I'm having the same issue and would like to try the solution you've suggested. What type of Control Flow Item should I use to try the drop/create for the Excel worksheet? I can't use the "SQL Exectute Task," can I?
Post #986291
Posted Friday, June 17, 2011 4:36 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, February 6, 2012 2:16 AM
Hi folks can you breefly explain me to export data to multiple sheets and every time of running package it gets refresh all sheets with new data
Post #1127215
Posted Saturday, December 3, 2011 10:39 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, December 4, 2011 12:23 AM
As suggested in the blog i have created my template Excel file in a certain location and was able to copy it to a destination folder using a file system task.I now want to populate the copied excel sheet with data from my stored procedure.I would greatly appreciate if some can help me with the steps that i need to do to achieve the task.As the copied excel sheet is getting created when i run the package how to set it as a path for my excel destination?
Post #1215933
Posted Monday, July 15, 2013 1:19 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:12 PM
There is a quick way to do this but it involves editing your dtsx file directly. Make a backup copy of your package then open the original with a text editor (ie. notepad). Do a find for the word "Overwrite". Go to the end of the line and change the property value to true. This works for me.
Post #1473864
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234

Permissions Expand / Collapse