Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Bulk insert error Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:49 PM
My server updated from SQL2000 to SQL2005, SP2.

I found error in bulk insert: -
"Cannot fetch a row from OLE DB provider "BULK" for linked server "(null)".The OLE DB provider "BULK" for linked server "(null)" reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.The bulk load failed. The column is too long in the data file for row 1, column 1. Verify that the field terminator and row terminator are specified correctly.".

I do read a few article saying that after apply SP2 and hotfixes, this error should be fix, but unfortunately, it is not in my case, what should i do to fix it?

This is my script: -
BULK INSERT wng01_work..nw_business_person FROM 'g:\SQL\FTP\CDIS_Extractew_worker.dat'
WITH
(
MAXERRORS = 1,
FORMATFILE ='g:\sql\ftp\cdis_extractew_work.fmt'
)

Please advice, Thank you.
Post #461518
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:09 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 10, 2014 8:13 AM
Your case is SP2, 3042?

This KB says you may need SQL Server 2005 builds that were released after SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942660

Or make a test table which has the question column only, bulk insert a couple of rows for that column and see what happens.
Post #462144
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse