Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Error while generating reports Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:47 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, March 25, 2011 6:11 AM
After 12 hours of analyzing, DB Tuning Advisor started step 4 "Generating Reports", but finished with a warning. The Tuning Log had some error messages at the end, similar to:

E000
Error encountered while generating reports. Write to [msdb].[dbo].[DTA_reports_table] failed.
[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Unable to resolve column level collations

SQL Server and DTA are running on different Win2K3 machines.

I don't know where to start looking... Hints?

Thanks... ++Vitoco
Post #460245
Posted Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:34 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:22 AM
I wish someone had replied to your message! I'm getting the same error and thought maybe it was because the collation is different on the server that I am profiling than the one that I'm running profiler on (case-sensitive vs not), but I get the same error if I run on the one I'm monitoring.

-----
Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson
Post #1212173
Posted Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:41 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:14 PM
I am having same problem its not Generating any reports , can some one please reply on this post really appreciate it

Thank you
Post #1405053
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse