Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Real World Foreach Loop Container example Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 18, 2014 12:01 PM
Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier on this and save you the long search, but the cause of your problem was the OLEDB connection. My example uses an ADO.NET connection for the Execute SQL Task (this wasn't explicitly mentioned in the article - my apologies), in which case you need to use the (@FileName) syntax as described on the article.
Post #462236
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:42 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:41 PM
Oh, good, the (?) parameter works. You still have to do the Parameter Mapping in the Execute SQL task (the parameter name = 0).
Laura
Post #472456
Posted Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:04 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, May 3, 2009 8:58 PM
I'm new to SSIS so this might be a very basis error but I'd appreciate some
help...

I've got error in Delete Old log File (File system Task) :

Variable VarDeleteFileSName is used as a source or destination and is empty

Please help me..

Thank you
Post #504296
Posted Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:55 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

You'll need to do a bit of debugging. The first place I'd look is in the SQL statement that populates the varDeleteFileList variable; if you run this as a query in the Management Studio do you get a result set? If not, that's your problem.

If you do, try adding breakpoints in the script code just before the Dts.TaskResult line (for instance). That way you'll be able to see which (if any) values are being passed along.
Post #504481
Posted Saturday, February 14, 2009 9:30 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, November 14, 2009 8:49 AM
Paul - Just wanted to thank you for putting this "Real World" article up. I'm working on adapting an existing full-blown ETL/OLAP iterative process to use SSIS looping tasks to provide high-level control of detail low-level SP processing. The details of your Var defs, DeleteList DataFlow, and Convert Object variable script were just what I was looking for - thanks for taking the time to do this.

-- BobS --
Post #657174
Posted Saturday, February 14, 2009 2:11 PM
SSC Rookie

My pleasure, thank you very much for your kind comments.
Post #657248
Posted Sunday, July 26, 2009 11:34 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:30 PM
Just wonder how to set a folder (directory) using a global variable? When i use my variable Directory user:: , the SSIS finishes with message - "no files in the specified directory" (or something like that, no failure though). Yet , files are there and when i "hard-code" the path and execute the SSIS again, everything works. What am i missing?
Post #759886
Posted Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:05 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, November 16, 2009 5:16 PM
Hi Paul,
I read your article and it helped me a lot. One question I have is how can I add the file creation date to my table?
Thanks a lot
Sam
Post #762054
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009 3:20 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Monday, October 20, 2014 3:12 AM
Great article, thanks! Will help me to get started

But at the end you wrote: "And that's it! Running the package deletes all backup files that haven't been restored except the newest sixteen".

You do mean "that HAVE been restored", right? :)
Post #818342
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009 12:22 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:10 PM
great article

some time ago i played with something similar to import csv files with performance data but never got it to work in importing only the files that haven't been imported before. going to look at this again using a slightly modified version of your procedure

https://plus.google.com/100125998302068852885/posts?hl=en
http://twitter.com/alent1234
x-box live gamertag: i am null
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile[/url]
Post #818798
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse