Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

SSIS problem with oledb destination and too many insert columns Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:41 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 21, 2014 10:39 AM
Ok, Let me get it right. You are just trying to feed a table from a flat file right? If so, just do a simple package by having flat file to OLE DB. I have attach the looks, let me know of any problems.

Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein

Post Attachments 
Flatfilefeed.doc (1 view, 142.00 KB)
Post #458689
Posted Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:53 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:55 AM
In case you were looking for some info on that system SP - it's available only via OLE and ODBC connections. It's mostly documented under API cursors or OLE DB, and NOT under SQL Server.

Some intro info:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187088.aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189546.aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa172588(sql.80).aspx

That being said - from what those documents mention that sp_CURSOR is ALWAYS invoked as part of mapping fields from an OLE DB source to SQL Server, so I am not sure there is an issue IN that system stored proc (since the import works to a simple table).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #458827
Posted Friday, February 22, 2008 2:42 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:39 AM
I'm doing something similar to that as it is. See the attached.

Post Attachments 
Doc3.doc (6 views, 112.50 KB)
Post #458974
Posted Friday, February 22, 2008 3:49 AM
SSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:39 AM
Thanks Matt. Having looked at those web pages there's no limitation on the number of parameters either, although I wouldn't call a 992 columned table a simple table! I can only assume this is the problem. Would it help if I attached the create table statement for the sql table it's populating?
Post #459003
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse