Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:26 PM
Has anyone seen this error message?. I'm using .NET provider\odbc data provider as my connection manager.

[Read fom abc tablename [1]] Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer90[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "Read fom abc tablename" (1) returned error code 0x80004003. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

Post #457099
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:47 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:26 PM
Refreshing ADO.NET/ODBC connection manager solved my problem. For more

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1445044&SiteID=1

Post #458241
Posted Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:46 AM
Hi,

This is Kiran, i got same problem. please let me know if u got solution ASAP now.
Post #577526
Posted Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:46 AM
Refreshing does not seem to fix my problem. Anymore suggestions?
Post #689107
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:42 PM
Hi, I have the same problem. Did you solve your problem?
Post #715433
Posted Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:00 AM
SSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, October 10, 2014 8:15 AM
Hi,

We had this same error in a SSIS package using a third-party ODBC driver - related to .Net Framework and variable length strings.
I had to setup redundant Error Redirections on every task to workaround it.
Useful post to help resolve: http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/sql-server-dts/12464/DTS-E-INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR

Cheers,

Matt
Post #728709
Posted Monday, June 15, 2009 5:33 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:57 PM
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. i.e.

Error: 0xC0047062 at Data Flow Task (xxx), DataReader Source (xxx) [1]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, etc, etc ...

Strangely, the data is successfully written to the destination table, however the task fails because the maximum error count is reached. i.e.

Info: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED. The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (3) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
SSIS package "Portfolio 1.dtsx" finished: Failure.

I tried the solution suggested by MattF, but it made no difference, as it seems to be a solution for a slightly different error, i.e. "inducedtransformfailureonerror".

Also, I tried refreshing the connection manager in the DataReader Source Editor, but it resulted in a slightly different error, i.e:

Error at Data Flow Task (xxx) [DataReader Source (xxx) [1]]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.ReinitializeMetaData()
at Micorosoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostReinitializeMetaData(IDTSManagedComponent

... and then the data flow task does not run at all.

Please help as this is driving me crazy!
Post #735382
Posted Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:39 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 21, 2011 5:23 PM
Hi,

I have a SSIS package which is running fine in BIDS
Source : oracle
Destination : SQL
While running the ssis package from SQL server agent i am getting following error :

Error: 2011-03-17 13:31:37.33 Code: 0xC0202009 SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. End Error Error: 2011-03-17 13:31:37.34 Code: 0xC0047038 Source: DFT - Get SAP Costing data from DW SSIS.Pipeline Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE_SRC" (1) returned error code 0xC0202009. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 1:29:34 PM Finished: 1:31:38 PM Elapsed: 123.163 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

Any idea on this?

Thanks,
Ruby
Post #1080038
Posted Monday, June 6, 2011 12:32 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:12 PM
What fixed my error was I had to make the batch size smaller.
One case I had to go to 100 and another 300.
I'm going through a small VPN tunnel.
Post #1120522
Posted Monday, August 8, 2011 6:49 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:10 AM
One of the possible reasons for this error is,
Your SSIS package may contain an dataflowtask trying to load data into a table having primary key without cleaningup the unwanted data which will lead to violation of primary key error issue if new data's PK column values matches with the existing data.

I experienced this in my package and cleaningup the unwanted data from the destination table has resolved the issue for me.

Post #1156001
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse