Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234»»

database connection for primavera p6 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 20, 2010 11:17 AM
hi,
I've installed P6 Stand Alone version without the sample projects, following all your advices from above, but after I finish configuration of the database I get the following message when trying to log in (log in name: admin, password: admin) "Current license file is not valid for this version. Please contact your supervisor." After I press twice ok, another message appears: "Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme txt. for more information. After reading the readme txt file, I tried to find Admin-License tab but no luck.
Please help me.
thank you,
sabin
Post #977102
Posted Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:28 AM
Thanks a lot, finally i can solved this problem..i can running PE6 with that solutions..
Post #986408
Posted Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:51 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 20, 2010 11:17 AM
hi to everybody again.
although i see is quit an old topic I'm facing now the same issue: ’Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme.txt for more information’. i have no idea where to find this path indicated:"Admin -> Users then select Licensing tab, and delete Named user licenses and mark the Concurrent licenses." i've tried in all folders created by primavera and no luck.
to be mentioned that my system is w7 ultimate.
appreciate your help,
sabin
Post #988973
Posted Monday, October 4, 2010 12:12 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 4, 2010 12:12 PM
sulaiman.saeed (6/17/2008)
mailgoran (4/24/2008)
When I try to log to Primavera P6 and put admin,admin I :

Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;

Do you have that problem ?
Do you solve that ?

I have the same problem. I downloaded v3 and v6 but same problem ANY HELP
i am usesing windows XP 2002 SP2
Post #997768
Posted Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:10 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:09 PM
[email][/email]
Post #1008009
Posted Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:14 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:09 PM
Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;

Post #1008016
Posted Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:03 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:01 PM
hi,please i don't run primavera 6 , Can help me how to do the connection please gice me all steps?
my e_mail: zineddine_makram@yahoo.fr
thank you a lot
Post #1013649
Posted Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:03 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:03 PM
I'm running into this problem, have you found the answer to this yet?
Post #1078613
Posted Friday, July 8, 2011 12:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, July 8, 2011 12:44 PM
pablo-1087167 (5/10/2009)
Still having trouble? Try this on windows vista 32bit:

1. Install P6 as a standalone.
2. Do not install sample Projects.

After installing reboot your PC. Try to login with User- admin Password- admin.
Then you will get message "Server not configured"
Now Start Here-
1. Click the tab beside database PMDB
2 You will see "Edit Database Connections"
3 Click Configure
4 Check Database alias= PMDB
5 Select Driver type = Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Express
6 Click Next and you will at Configure SQL Server Connection
7 Now here you should enter following -
Host Name = your computer name-PC\PRIMAVERA Please change the character to / and it will work fine Saludos Cerilio Wouter

(if you open My Computer you will find your computer name at bottomleft corner or open Device Manager your computer name will be at the top)

Database Name = pmdb$primavera

8 Go to next screen and Do not change anything!! , click Next to Validate database connection, 9

9 Go ahed by clicking Next, Check Connection Successful!! Dialog & Finish

Follow the same procedure for Methodology Management Database
Host Name will be the same
Database will be MMDB
Database name will be mmdb$primavera

Rest of all as above.
Post #1139166
Posted Monday, August 15, 2011 3:50 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 15, 2011 3:48 AM
hi,
I've installed P6 Stand Alone version without the sample projects, following all your advices from above, but after I finish configuration of the database I get the following message when trying to log in (log in name: admin, password: admin) "Current license file is not valid for this version. Please contact your supervisor." After I press twice ok, another message appears: "Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme txt. for more information. After reading the readme txt file, I tried to find Admin-License tab but no luck.
Please help me.
thank you,
Post #1159863
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse