Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Subscriptions and error message "EXECUTE permission denied on object 'xp_sqlagent_notify', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'." Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 7, 2008 5:40 AM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:15 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a subscription on a SSRS report and get the following error message:

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help EXECUTE permission denied on object 'xp_sqlagent_notify', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.

I've followed the advice given in this post but still get the same result.

The SQLAgent service is running under a domain account and the Reporting Services service running under a local account. Both these accounts are assigned to the RSExec Role in the master, msdb, ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases. This role has execute permissions set as per the above link.

I'm now at a loss as to what else the problem could be?

All ideas welcomed!

Steve.
Post #452669
Posted Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:35 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, May 11, 2012 11:44 AM
Sorry to necro an old post, but in the interest of improving internet search results for this particular problem, here's what I did to fix the OP's problem (I had the same thing):

There are a number of places I found with the information in the following link:
http://phew-meme.blogspot.com/2007/10/reporting-service-on-report.html

In my specific case, the RsExecRole role in both the "master" and "msdb" databases had had both the "NT Authority\Network Service" and "NTAuthority\System" logins removed from its members (the RSExecRole had had all its members removed by someone doing some maintenance). I compared another Reporting Services installation on another server after reading information in the above link.

Steps:
1. In Mangement Studio connect to the SQL Server instance on which Reporting Services runs.
2. Databases > system Databases
3. master > Security > Roles > RSExecRole (then add whatever logins are required... check in the ReportServer or ReportServerTempDB databases if you're not sure)
4. msdb > Security > Roles > RSExecRole (add the same logins you did to the master DB)

In the end you need the same logins in RSExecRole role for the master, msdb, ReportServer, and ReportServerTempDB databases. ("ReportServer" is the default Reporting Services database name, in case that's not clear ;)
Post #623645
Posted Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:12 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:24 PM
joshua,

Thanks for the post, you saved me from short term insanity.

A.J.
DBA with an attitude
Post #716346
Posted Monday, September 28, 2009 11:57 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:48 AM
Thanks
Post #794923
Posted Wednesday, October 9, 2013 3:32 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, December 13, 2013 11:36 AM
Are you required to restart SQL Server reporting Services??
Post #1503316
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse