Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

New to SQL SERVER DEVELOPMENT Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:12 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:13 AM
Hi I am new to the SQL sever development environment.....I was given a project to work on and the problem looks like this....

I have a student data table and a HR table that loads student data and Employee data into a Master table.First the Student data and HR data are loaded into SISDATA and HRDATA tables respectively.Then any duplicates in the SIS DATA and HRDATA are filtered into a DUPESID table and DUPEEID table respectively.If there are duplicates between hrdata and sis data tables are loaded into the DUPES table.If there was a student who works as a part time employee and is a student then there is a conflict in the master table with the row missing its student id in the master table........pls help me to resolve this.Do i need to look over the DB design........????pls help me.

Thanks in advance
Post #452292
Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:27 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:51 PM
I think it would help if we had a little better explanation of why you are doing what you are doing? What is the end purpose that you are trying to achive? Can you post your table schemas for all of the tables that you are using as well as some sample data for each table. Also, a brief explaation of what each table is used for? What is the purpose of storing the duplicates in their own table? Oh yea, please also post any work that you have already done.

John Rowan

======================================================
======================================================
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
Post #452309
Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:40 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:58 AM
This is also a good article on how to ask for help:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #452321
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse