Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Keynotes Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:06 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:15 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Keynotes

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #441567
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 1:30 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:13 AM
I agree that Jim Gray was a fascinating speaker, very enthusiastic, whilst being completely engrossed in technical thoughts and ideas. Unfortunately, I have to say "was a great speaker" as he went missing at sea early in 2007; definitely a sad day.
Post #441606
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 1:57 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 5:46 AM
How about Tom Kyte - he's one of the best!
Post #441614
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 5:56 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:03 AM
With Macworld starting on Monday, I'd have to say Steve Jobs is definitely one of the best keynote speakers there is, although I've never seen it in person.
Post #441680
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 6:25 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 9:03 AM
Outside of the technical arena, Dr. Frederick Schroeder with San Diego State is my all time favorite; speaking on disability and blindness.
Post #441689
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 6:35 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, June 15, 2009 3:23 PM
The best keynote speaker I've heard was John "Maddog" Hall. For being a Linux guy, he actually is a fairly open-minded guy. Very well-versed in a variety of topics with a lot of experience under his belt, he also knows how to keep an audience engaged in his talks. I'd definitely see another keynote from him.
Post #441698
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 7:23 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:16 AM
Saw Dr. Robert Ballard (who found the Titanic wreckage) give a keynote at Networld+Interop a few years ago - talking about dealing with change in your career. He had great examples of when he got his PhD, scientists 'knew' so many things about the ocean floor (static, lifeless). Then as they were able to explore it further, they found geothermal vents and all the creatures that lived there. Basically contradicting a lot of what they were taught in grad school.
Post #441736
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 12:17 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 2:35 PM
Hands down, the best, most fascinating and entertaining keynote speaker I ever heard was the late then-Capt. Grace Hopper of the US Navy. Talking about her involvement in the development of COBOL, the "first" computer bug, and her ubiquitous "nanosecond" prop (a 1-foot length of wire, the distance light travels in that time) had the audience howling for more. Especially when she described how, one time, she thought she'd try illustrating a microsecond also. All was fine until she got to airport security ........

Post #441954
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 4:17 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:12 PM
Frank Maguire - one of the founders of Fedex, also worked for KFC and has great stories about Col Sanders
Jamie Clark - speaks about several attempts to climb Mt. Everest and ties the successes and failures into planning and leadership
Terry Bradshaw - very entertaining; doesn't necessarily stay on point for leadership/teamwork issues but is hysterical.
Post #442034
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008 5:56 PM
Ten Centuries

Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 7:12 AM
me - i'm a pretty good key note speaker, been best man a few times given some awesome addresses, went down well, my mother told me, if you wantme to speak for you drop me a line. :)

Gethyn Ellis

gethynellis.com
Post #442047
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse