Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««2324252627

Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:15 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:59 PM
Well I could not prove that it was malicious. Could be just incompetence or the "many cooks" syndrome.

What I say is: If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then shoot the sun of a #$%^ and let me get back to sleep!

ATB

Charles Kincaid

Post #649977
Posted Wednesday, February 4, 2009 7:18 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 9:09 AM
LeeBear35 (2/3/2009)
I'm sure however that they will bring in consultants to address the issues, because that funding comes out of a different bucket.

There is nothing that says you couldn't become that consultant... I did that same thing last year. I was happy, the company was happy (got a raise out of it, too!), and the poor slobs that I left behind were happy.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #650516
Posted Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:47 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 9:59 AM
corey lawson (12/5/2007)
So... the major problem with your article is that it posts no solutions for the problem at hand, or no pointers to where to look further to increase one's kungfu skills in this area.

I can't find one of my JCelko books that talks about calc'ing running sums in SQL and how he or some of his readers do it, but that would be one good* place to look ("SQL for Smarties" etc).

(* I realize that some people out there have a definite love-hate..no, hate relationship with JCelko's scribblings...but I don't, so feh. But if you have other resources, do add them to the thread).

Just curious but are you saying that if one knows of a problem they shouldn't tell anyone else unless they also have the solution? I hope you don't apply that to everyting.

Kindest Regards,

Just say No to Facebook!
Post #663843
Posted Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:09 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 9:09 AM
YSLGuru (2/24/2009)
corey lawson (12/5/2007)
So... the major problem with your article is that it posts no solutions for the problem at hand, or no pointers to where to look further to increase one's kungfu skills in this area.

I can't find one of my JCelko books that talks about calc'ing running sums in SQL and how he or some of his readers do it, but that would be one good* place to look ("SQL for Smarties" etc).

(* I realize that some people out there have a definite love-hate..no, hate relationship with JCelko's scribblings...but I don't, so feh. But if you have other resources, do add them to the thread).

Just curious but are you saying that if one knows of a problem they shouldn't tell anyone else unless they also have the solution? I hope you don't apply that to everyting.

Ya know... I never did thank you for that thought. Thanks, YSL...

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1066118
Posted Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:23 PM

SSC Eights!

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 9:59 AM
Jeff Moden (2/17/2011)
YSLGuru (2/24/2009)
corey lawson (12/5/2007)

Ya know... I never did thank you for that thought. Thanks, YSL...

My pleasure. I do not like people who can contorbute nothing but sarcasm to a conversation. Besides I think you've done more then your fair share of assistance on SSC.com.

Kindest Regards,

Just say No to Facebook!
Post #1067976
Posted Monday, July 14, 2014 2:07 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:34 PM
I'm 7 years late but that last bit of sample code is referencing a non-existent field SomeVal instead of RowNum created in the table just prior
Post #1592087
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««2324252627

Permissions Expand / Collapse